Be sure to check pricing often!

Bestie and I are on Prima in late October to Italy/Greece. Booked a Club Balcony back in September for a fare we were comfortable with. 

For kicks, I did a mock booking last weekend and found that fares had dropped. I moved us into a family suite w/master (SJ) for what I considered to be a very reasonable up charge from our original fare based on increased size and amenities. Yes, I am aware of balcony/slide issues and chose cabin accordingly. 

Was bored this morning and checked prices again. Down $350/pp from last weekend. As of right now, we’re paying $450/pp more for SJ on a 10-night cruise than we were originally planning on for a club room. The ginormous leap in price for Haven, however, still not worth it. 😆

1 hour ago, BunnyHutt said:

Bestie and I are on Prima in late October to Italy/Greece. Booked a Club Balcony back in September for a fare we were comfortable with. 

For kicks, I did a mock booking last weekend and found that fares had dropped. I moved us into a family suite w/master (SJ) for what I considered to be a very reasonable up charge from our original fare based on increased size and amenities. Yes, I am aware of balcony/slide issues and chose cabin accordingly. 

Was bored this morning and checked prices again. Down $350/pp from lasIf you have          t weekend. As of right now, we’re paying $450/pp more for SJ on a 10-night cruise than we were originally planning on for a club room. The ginormous leap in price for Haven, however, still not worth it. 😆

You can re-book your reservation at the new, lower price at any point up until the date the final payment is due.  This option may not be available to persons who booked their cruise through a foreign office, but it is guaranteed to those booking in the US.  Call your travel agent or NCL's reservations department.

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

You can re-book your reservation at the new, lower price at any point up until the date the final payment is due.  This option may not be available to persons who booked their cruise through a foreign office, but it is guaranteed to those booking in the US.  Call your travel agent or NCL's reservations department.

Yep! I’ve been keeping my TA busy. 

And keep checking after final payment.  I was able to get a $759 each FCC for my wife and I when our balcony on the Spirit for a Australia New Zealand cruise dropped after final payment.  We were not using the free airfare so that did not impact us.

The FCC must be booked and sailed within 1 year. 

I usually find it to be a bit bold to ask for credit after final payment—do they ask you for more money if the price goes up after you pay?—but I've had a lot of luck requesting a paid upgrade.

I find a fare category that's selling for a bit higher than what I originally paid. I call to request an upgrade, then just pay the difference—usually I wind up getting a much better cabin for maybe $100 more.

NCL isn't going to turn down more money, and I get a better cabin. Everyone wins.

I did a mock booking to see the current fare for the Haven suite we booked back in July; I'm not planning to reach out to NCL for an adjustment as the base fare for "2" went up $2300.00.

DW was happy with our original booking rate as well.

4 hours ago, dcipjr said:

I usually find it to be a bit bold to ask for credit after final payment

What's wrong with being "bold?"  It's NCL's policy to award FCC, so why not take it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcipjr said:

I usually find it to be a bit bold to ask for credit after final payment—do they ask you for more money if the price goes up after you pay?—but I've had a lot of luck requesting a paid upgrade.

If it's their policy to give FCC or allow upgrades, why not? They are the ones who offer those options.