Long Bay Beach

WisCruiser2

We had intended to go to Brewer's Bay during our first stop in Tortola, however, the taxi driver said that the water was pretty rough there that day and recommended Long Bay Beach, on the eastern end of the island near the airport. Whether this was true or not (about Brewer's Bay) we were very happy with Long Bay and would go back there, it's a beautiful beach!

As ours was the only ship in port, it wasn't crowded. There were several bars/food shacks in a row, renting loungers and umbrellas. We were told there were rocks along the one end of the bay but people said the snorkeling wasn't very good that day, not many fish seen. It was nice to just float around in the water, though. Just wanted to add it as another option for someone wanting a beach day.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

We had intended to go to Brewer's Bay during our first stop in Tortola, however, the taxi driver said that the water was pretty rough there that day and recommended Long Bay Beach, on the eastern end of the island near the airport. Whether this was true or not (about Brewer's Bay) we were very happy with Long Bay and would go back there, it's a beautiful beach!

As ours was the only ship in port, it wasn't crowded. There were several bars/food shacks in a row, renting loungers and umbrellas. We were told there were rocks along the one end of the bay but people said the snorkeling wasn't very good that day, not many fish seen. It was nice to just float around in the water, though. Just wanted to add it as another option for someone wanting a beach day.

Thank you for posting….

Long Bay, Beef Island was the last beach with no amenities, and popular with locals and land visitors with cruise ships in port. A very beautiful, natural beach at the end of an easy to miss dirt road, close to Trellis Bay and the airport.

I remember @crewsweeper had posted some time ago that there were lounges/umbrellas there, if I recall correctly the cruise line had started offering an excursion there then? 

Now there are food vendors and it sounds like it’s lost its charm as a “getaway beach”, but the islands are indeed getting smaller as more and more enjoy cruising.

Would appreciate any photos or videos of this bay today!

Posted (edited)

@blue_water, a small bus, which I assume was the ship excusion, did show up an hour or so after we got there. They didn't stay very long. As I said, we were the only ship (as first time to Tortola I don't know if that's typical) so it didn't impact us much. Here's a few photos. No clue why the last one is upside down! That's the shack we rented lounger from, free wi-fi was included, too.20240223_114508.thumb.jpg.bde812a317d3fe57eb64195160b56957.jpg20240223_094943.thumb.jpg.c6256c5c72278bf294bf94c08890c0ae.jpg

20240223_114628.jpg

20240223_094918.jpg

20240223_114829.jpg

Edited by WisCruiser2
Add comment
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...