CC get togethers,who to contact prior to cruise?

12 minutes ago, nightingalegirl said:

Our CC group are planning a get together on the first sea day. Who do we contact at HO to arrange the meeting prior to the cruise? 

You can call the "switchboard" and ask for the Events Coordinator for the Nieuw Statendam. Have a number of members and your preferred time. They will tell you where there is room for you.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, nightingalegirl said:

Our CC group are planning a get together on the first sea day. Who do we contact at HO to arrange the meeting prior to the cruise? 

I arrange a number of CC Meet & Greet each year through HAL Ships Services.  Each ship has its own Events Coordinator at the HAL main office but if that person is not available, one of the other coordinators will take the information. The initial contact should be made two months before the event date with a follow up a week before the event to provide the final count of attendees.  Ship Services # 1-877-885-4259, ask for the respective ship Evens Coordinator.

You will need to provide the following at the initial contact call:

• your personal cruise booking number
  • initial number of attendees
  • preferred date/time
  • preferred location
  • refreshment setup, if desired

A confirmation email will be sent to you.  Print a copy and make sure you stop at the ship Front Desk the evening you board, with a copy of the confirmation email, to ensure that the ship did not misplace their copy.

It also helps to bring your own laminated sign:  CRUISE CRITIC PRIVATE PARTY and some tape to attach it to the provided stanchion.

Edited by Crew News

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crew News said:

The initial contact should be made two months before the event date with a follow up a week before the event to provide the final count of attendees.

Roger! It just came to my attention that the other social media platform group is reserving the prime time (first full sea day, 10:30am) SIX MONTHS in advance. The final number of attendees may be finalized 6-8 weeks prior to sailing with minor updates.

I found this out while organizing a M&M with a number of CC members who were also in the other group. Jacqui confirmed that the webpage that @cruiseaholic78 provided is very much out of date.

Also I use 2/3 the total number of Roll Call members as the target attendance, sharing that algorithm with the Event Coordinator.  

Edited by crystalspin

Sorry if I posted something that was out of date, it was what I used last October when planning our M&M. I was quite surprised though to see mention of a fax!

Still all the basics are mentioned there so thought I would post it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Roger! It just came to my attention that the other social media platform group is reserving the prime time (first full sea day, 10:30am) SIX MONTHS in advance. The final number of attendees may be finalized 6-8 weeks prior to sailing with minor updates.

I found this out while organizing a M&M with a number of CC members who were also in the other group. Jacqui confirmed that the webpage that @cruiseaholic78 provided is very much out of date.

Also I use 2/3 the total number of Roll Call members as the target attendance, sharing that algorithm with the Event Coordinator.  

Since I coordinate an average of four to six Meet & Greets (M&G) each year, I have developed a first name relationship with several of the HAL Ships Services  Coordinators.  I follow their suggestions on the timing of initial contact and updates.  Obviously, others have their own interactions that may not be the same as mine.

My experience is that the best time to schedule a M&G, to avoid conflicting shipboard events (usually starting on the hour) and to ensure a higher percentage of attendance, is 11:00 AM on the first Sea Day.  In some cases, the one hour M&G event is followed by a parade to the MDR for lunch.  On one occasion, I was asked at the MDR podium how many were in my party and I replied 22.  The MDR staff gave us a section of our own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I arrange my Meet and Greets as soon as I know the event co-ordinators are assigned (there was a shuffle this January) and the ships are in position to confirm. My meet and greets for our October cruise were arranged 8 months in advance.  That’s pretty much the norm for most of mine.  it’s never been a problem.

I just call to check who takes care of my ship and then dash them off an email with the details and usually have a confirmation in a couple of days.  Like Roger, there are a number who “know” me from past arrangements.