Is your Sky Suite butler back? Please report

Posted (edited)

My experience has been that on the Beyond Retreat Deck it has been 10 minutes to place a food order with the bartender and still waiting to do so.  Also, there are six 4 top tables taken for over 400 Retreat passengers.  Would it be better if I were in an upper suite?  Would the butler be even accessible from the sundeck?  Would they bring the par cooked burger to the suite? 

Edited by Cap_D

24 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

I have an index card that lists my allergies and laminated it . When cruising, I stick cabin number on back.  A restaurant owner suggested years ago to do this as kitchens get busy.  
FYI. They give me the menu for next day and my food is prepared differently as necessary such as perhaps no sauce.  I ve also had things off menu.    Luminae is great.  I trust them

This is a great idea!  I just ordered some laminating pouches and will create some cards.  I’m allergic to around 10-12 foods including whole groups like shellfish and poultry so this will be super helpful.  Thanks for the tip. 😊

7 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I don't think so.  I substitute steak in Luminae a lot, and never ever had a charge.  Why do you think that?

It will be wonderful if they don’t charge me.  When I asked executive offices about the new upcharge in MDR effecting me in Luminae, they said it would and comped me 50 bucks to help cover the cost. 

29 minutes ago, Octavias said:

It will be wonderful if they don’t charge me.  When I asked executive offices about the new upcharge in MDR effecting me in Luminae, they said it would and comped me 50 bucks to help cover the cost. 

On our recent 4 night cruise there was filet mignon, ribeye or other type of steak as one of the entrees each night in Luminae and they were all good. There were also steak frites and filet mignon on two lunch days at Luminae. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

So I've taken the linked pages to the Wayback Machine and I can see there have been no changes to the Suite info pages since September 2023. The info in there isn't new, it's what it's been since before Celebrity announced Butlers where returning.

As far as I can tell with this latest kerfuffle, Celebrity has just linked to their old info pages and its gotten people in a tizzy. I personally wouldn't be worried until more information comes out, as the latest comms from Celebrity (including the President) is Butlers are coming back.

Edited by msolok
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3