Is your Sky Suite butler back? Please report

On 3/8/2024 at 2:43 AM, MandL said:

We board the Millennium on the 28th. Will report back. 

We do not board until May but hoping they'll be back before then. 

15 hours ago, Boxerlover2 said:

I can confirm butlers are back for Sky Suites on Edge as of today’s 13 March sailing. Our butler, Albert, came to introduce himself. He is taking care of 26 suites across multiple decks. 

Hopefully the Butlers are returning at the same ratio as before the change.  However, time will tell if there are only half as many Butlers as before, just enough to say they listened.  We will be on Edge shortly and will report our experience and whether or not they will continue to staff up.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2024 at 5:25 AM, 81Zoomie said:

Hopefully the Butlers are returning at the same ratio as before the change.  However, time will tell if there are only half as many Butlers as before, just enough to say they listened.  We will be on Edge shortly and will report our experience and whether or not they will continue to staff up.

I'm currently on the Solstice and inquired about butlers for those in SS. I was told that there are 2 butlers on board for all the SS - which is fewer than in the past. The SS butler will be a contact person but general room service may be delivering breakfast - not the butler depending on the workload. It sounds to me that the butlers are back but at a decreased service level. Time will tell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, billc23 said:

I'm currently on the Solstice and inquired about butlers for those in SS. I was told that there are 2 butlers on board for all the SS - which is fewer than in the past. The SS butler will be a contact person but general room service may be delivering breakfast - not the butler depending on the workload. It sounds to me that the butlers are back but at a decreased service level. Time will tell. 

What you describe indicates to me that personal butlers for Sky Suites are not back as of yet on Solstice. This is still the "Retreat Team" concept in place.

On a side note, I truly hope I never have the misfortune of being on the same sailing as Bunco. Peace to all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Reported last week that the butlers were back in sky suites but wanted to also report further. We are doing B2B and moved to another sky suite and yes indeed there are butlers on this side too. Just wanted to report we had a wonderful butler and he met and exceeded all our needs. Will didn’t require very much but he assured us if there was anything reasonable he would be glad to take care of it. This week our butler the first thing he asked was what would we like for him to fill our mini fridge with which he promptly did the next time we left the room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kasowell2 said:

Did I miss any?
Reflection

Great - that means S class are on the way - we're on the Solstice next month.  Maybe ....

I can't edit the post, but it will be there next week, I promise!

5 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I think I'm going to, every Saturday, post a list of where dedicated butlers have been reported.

Today:

Ascent,

Apex,

Beyond

Edge

Did I miss any?

Solstice.

Started on the current cruise from Hong Kong but not up to full numbers yet. They are doing a great job. For example, this morning there were a large group of passengers going on a very early morning private excursion. They all wanted an early room service breakfast around the same time, so all the butlers - and even management, worked together to make it happen. Great Retreat team onboard!

5 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Great - that means S class are on the way - we're on the Solstice next month.  Maybe ....

I can't edit the post, but it will be there next week, I promise!

Great! Looking forward to meeting you. As an aside, the basic quality of the meat and fish is improved from my Ascent sailing in January. 

9 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I think I'm going to, every Saturday, post a list of where dedicated butlers have been reported.

Today:

Ascent,

Apex,

Beyond

Edge

Did I miss any?

Just got off Apex on Saturday and spoke to the retreat manager and confirmed sky suite dedicated butlers have not been put back in place as of yet. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

Just got off Apex on Saturday and spoke to the retreat manager and confirmed sky suite dedicated butlers have not been put back in place as of yet. 

Now that's a pity...especially since I'll be on the Apex next month...

10 hours ago, billc23 said:

Great! Looking forward to meeting you. As an aside, the basic quality of the meat and fish is improved from my Ascent sailing in January. 

If you're staying on it will be nice to meet you.  We join next week in Singapore and are on through Vancouver.  Sky suite on the 2nd two, got a move up accepted to a Royal Suite on the first.

If you're in a suite, maybe we can share a meal.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:10 AM, CruisingTheWaves said:

I believe we have a butler back in Sky Suite on Apex. We of course have a dedicated stateroom attendant who we haven’t formally met yet. We have met our butler, I asked her “are you our butler?” And she said “yes ma’am!” And then we received a card with a “Retreat Concierge” team of 3 people that appears to be all concierge for all suites. We met one of them in the embarkation lounge before boarding. So right now it appears Apex has butlers back in Sky Suites. 

7 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

Ok, I'm confused.  I was also told on the Beyond that the Apex was getting their butlers at the end February.

30 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

I hope the butlers are in place by then! 

Ditto! As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I will be sure to post here as soon as I know after getting on board...

6 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

If you're staying on it will be nice to meet you.  We join next week in Singapore and are on through Vancouver.  Sky suite on the 2nd two, got a move up accepted to a Royal Suite on the first.

If you're in a suite, maybe we can share a meal.

I’m on all way to Canada. I’m in a suite. 

11 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Which cruise are you on?  If you want to take this to email:  abby at genandabby dot com

Solstice, b4b, Hong Kong to Vancouver. 

22 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

hijack removed

Hmmm...I went away for the weekend and came back to missing posts.  I hope I wasn't the one responsible for hijacking the thread.  Apologies if it was me....

27 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Hmmm...I went away for the weekend and came back to missing posts.  I hope I wasn't the one responsible for hijacking the thread.  Apologies if it was me....

I’m pretty sure I can de-bunc (sic) the notion that you might have been the one responsible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Ah, no, you weren't the one. I can guarantee that...lol. Any posts associated with the guilty party were also removed including a couple of mine. That's the way they do it here. You get used to it...

• Like 3