Is your Sky Suite butler back? Please report

4 hours ago, Veinless said:

On Silhouette, and no. 

I heard S class not until April.  On the other hand, a butler my sister knows said he's come back to Celebrity as a butler on the Reflection.  So, in part, that's why this thread.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Veinless said:

On Silhouette, and no. 

Same here -- when we sailed Silhouette, last month. Supposedly, there was a 'head butler' onboard (Lloyd?) but we never saw him. Instead, our Sky Suite had a 'retreat host' -- who just turned out to be one very overworked cabin steward, covering a bunch of Sky Suites, solo! Fortunately, DH and I are pretty self-sufficient travelers, and we've never fully utilized the butler services anyway. I just see it as another step-down in quality of service -- accompanied by a step-up in prices! 😕

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Like 1

It was very confusing calling the retreat host for something, and having the stateroom attendant show up. I was wanting the butler or retreat concierge to handle something for me, not me annoying the already overworked attendant. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Veinless said:

It was very confusing calling the retreat host for something, and having the stateroom attendant show up. I was wanting the butler or retreat concierge to handle something for me, not me annoying the already overworked attendant. 

Exactly! We were in a SS on Eclipse, we didn't meet the head butler, but the assistant housekeeping manager stopped by a few times. Any requests to him were passed on the stateroom attendant/host. Felt bad for him, he was just back from vacation and getting into the swing of things.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MACruisers said:

On the Ascent doing a B2B. The Butler was back from day one with excellent service.  Exactly as we have experienced in the past. 

Since Ascent is the newest ship I believe it was first. Followed by Beyond, and then Apex, etc...so wondering where in the process they are...

As I mentioned in another thread, I will report back (HERE instead of the other long butler thread...) during our April Apex cruise in a Sky Suite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

Wondering about Apex. We board Saturday.

I was on the Apex in January in a Sky Suite.  I only saw my cabin attendant, never saw a butler.  I went to the Retreat Lounge to talk to the hosts there and they handled any requests/issues I had. Of course, it's entirely possible there was a butler out there somewhere who had the misfortune of knocking on my cabin door only when I was not in the room.

6 hours ago, ppanyan said:

I was on the Apex in January in a Sky Suite.  I only saw my cabin attendant, never saw a butler.  I went to the Retreat Lounge to talk to the hosts there and they handled any requests/issues I had. Of course, it's entirely possible there was a butler out there somewhere who had the misfortune of knocking on my cabin door only when I was not in the room.

The word is the decision and change is very recent as of a few weeks ago, so the butlers were still absent in January.

I believe we have a butler back in Sky Suite on Apex. We of course have a dedicated stateroom attendant who we haven’t formally met yet. We have met our butler, I asked her “are you our butler?” And she said “yes ma’am!” And then we received a card with a “Retreat Concierge” team of 3 people that appears to be all concierge for all suites. We met one of them in the embarkation lounge before boarding. So right now it appears Apex has butlers back in Sky Suites. 

IMG_5554.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

20 minutes ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

I believe we have a butler back in Sky Suite on Apex. We of course have a dedicated stateroom attendant who we haven’t formally met yet. We have met our butler, I asked her “are you our butler?” And she said “yes ma’am!” And then we received a card with a “Retreat Concierge” team of 3 people that appears to be all concierge for all suites. We met one of them in the embarkation lounge before boarding. So right now it appears Apex has butlers back in Sky Suites. 

IMG_5554.jpeg

Nice! We don’t sail until September, and we are booked into the lowliest of the suites (magic carpet suite), so who knows what that status will be for us? 

I have one thing (and one thing only) i’d like to ask Butler for: a cappuccino delivered in the morning. Is this a reasonable thing to ask for? 

2 minutes ago, OrtonPark said:

Nice! We don’t sail until September, and we are booked into the lowliest of the suites (magic carpet suite), so who knows what that status will be for us? 

I have one thing (and one thing only) i’d like to ask Butler for: a cappuccino delivered in the morning. Is this a reasonable thing to ask for? 

Since they said they'd be back "In June", you should have one.  I'm pretty sure that for a particular ship, it will be all or none.

And yes, a cappuccino is a perfectly reasonable request.  Our head butlers asked us if we wanted something like that when we called for morning coffee.

• Thanks 1