Is your Sky Suite butler back? Please report

48 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

My Retreat Host/Butler had 15 suites on Beyond in December

These are 2 different people. Are you referring to the stateroom attendant (aka Retreat Host) or the head butler or both?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RichYak said:

These are 2 different people. Are you referring to the stateroom attendant (aka Retreat Host) or the head butler or both?  

Retreat Host/stateroom attendant…the one who wore two hats.  So, Retreat Host that basically did everything!  I guess I should not have said stateroom attendant, as the name changed.  I met the head butler on the first day, only because I wanted my suite cleaned as early as possible, so I gave him a call!  Sorry about the confusion, but hopefully things will go back to the way they were…

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, critterchick said:

Any chance you could ask the Retreat Host when they are coming back and post here? Thanks!

At the end of January, I was told by someone from Celebrity’s Executive Office that our sailing on 13 March will have butlers in Sky Suites. I’ll find out tomorrow and will report back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Retreat Host/stateroom attendant…the one who wore two hats.  So, Retreat Host that basically did everything!  I guess I should not have said stateroom attendant, as the name changed.  I met the head butler on the first day, only because I wanted my suite cleaned as early as possible, so I gave him a call!  Sorry about the confusion, but hopefully things will go back to the way they were…

They didn’t really wear 2 hats, they just got a new name. It was all smoke and mirrors. As far as I can tell, Retreat Hosts didn’t do any more than what they did as stateroom attendants for rooms outside the Retreat. 

• Like 3

Just now, screwsmcernst said:

So when the butlers are back, does that mean we will have a cabin steward and a butler, or just a butler?

Both.  Your butler doesn't clean your room.  And they do communicate, so if you're not sure who to ask, the message will get to the right person.

• Like 1

in the past, our Butler could provide info, make reservations, attend and address requests.  Was helpful when we needed specific info or arrangements, rather than try to deal with Guest Relations.    They do work hard

10 hours ago, critterchick said:

Any chance you could ask the Retreat Host when they are coming back and post here? Thanks!

I spoke to the head butler just now and the new butlers for Sky Suites join tomorrow in Sydney.

• Like 7

I can confirm butlers are back for Sky Suites on Edge as of today’s 13 March sailing. Our butler, Albert, came to introduce himself. He is taking care of 26 suites across multiple decks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boxerlover2 said:

I can confirm butlers are back for Sky Suites on Edge as of today’s 13 March sailing. Our butler, Albert, came to introduce himself. He is taking care of 26 suites across multiple decks. 

Wow, that seems like a lot. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Boxerlover2 said:

So the butlers are back. But still have way too many rooms to efficiently handle all their rooms effectively. So they will end up focused on some rooms that either are the loudest, the neediest or the best tippers. But no way that 26 rooms are getting the full butler treatment as many claim on this board.

So basically the same as before the change. One overworked person with the butler title….time for the new complaining to start (I barely saw my butler, my room service took 90 mins due my butler busy with other duties, etc etc)

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Team Stag said:

So the butlers are back. But still have way too many rooms to efficiently handle all their rooms effectively. So they will end up focused on some rooms that either are the loudest, the neediest or the best tippers. But no way that 26 rooms are getting the full butler treatment as many claim on this board.

So basically the same as before the change. One overworked person with the butler title….time for the new complaining to start (I barely saw my butler, my room service took 90 mins due my butler busy with other duties, etc etc)

Yup, you said it!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Octavias said:

How many sky suites are on the Edge?  

Too many to promise efficient butler services to all.  It’s unfair to the passengers but especially unfair to the butlers!

• Like 3

On 3/8/2024 at 2:43 AM, MandL said:

We board the Millennium on the 28th. Will report back. 

We do not board until May but hoping they'll be back before then.