Availability of Onboard Vibe Passes Since Joy Refurb?

Well we booked late (first time in 20+ cruises I did not book a year out) and see vibe passes sold out online of course. So my hope is now that they just expanded the size of the Vibe on the Joy they will hold passes onboard for purchase like they do with dining. Any thoughts?

36 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

Well we booked late (first time in 20+ cruises I did not book a year out) and see vibe passes sold out online of course. So my hope is now that they just expanded the size of the Vibe on the Joy they will hold passes onboard for purchase like they do with dining. Any thoughts?

some people on here believe they hold back passes, but I don't.

With that being said, people do cancel their passes, so it's worth it to continue checking the app until you board and then after you board.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

With that being said, people do cancel their passes, so it's worth it to continue checking the app until you board and then after you board.

My theory is online passes for my cruise were put on sale BEFORE the refurb. They did not know a number of passes yet to increase so they left the original amount and the rest for onboard purchase. Afterall that has become a big dissatisfier for people who book late to see none available and perhaps change their strategy like the specialty dining.

Edited by 2boyzmom

4 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

My theory is online passes for my cruise were put on sale BEFORE the refurb. They did not know a number of passes yet to increase so they left the original amount and the rest for onboard purchase. Afterall that has become a big dissatisfier for people who book late to see none available and perhaps change their strategy like the specialty dining.

I hope you're right, for your sake.

Joy is a great ship and should be better with the refurb. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bkrickles1 said:

i believe it because i’ve experienced it and i’ve been told it and i’ve seen the internal NCL document that states a limited number of passes are held back for sale on embarkation day. it’s an established NCL business practice.

on the joy, there will be a table set up for the selling of passes just outside of teppanyaki. when i boarded in new york in october, they had dozens of passes (maybe 40 or 50) available. there have been several recent threads about the availability of vibe passes, with people sharing their experiences, including me.

provided you get onboard early enough, you should have no problem getting passes. i was on a back to back and there were dozens of passes available out of miami on the subsequent cruise, too.

again, it’s not a rumor, or a search for fool’s gold… it’s a documented and established NCL business practice. that being said, there could be an unusual circumstance (there have been a couple recently on other ships) that might prevent passes from being sold on embarkation day… but that would be a rare situation.

I will be on the Joy next Saturday I have Vibe passes but I will ask if there were any available on embarkation day. Although I have had the experience with NCL were a lot of things vary every time I cruise. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

As someone who doesn't wish to cruise NCL without the Vibe, my suggestion to you is to check daily because people do cancel.  Check frequently as you get close to final payment date (if you aren't already past it).

• Like 1