What time does online check-in begin

I've got a cruise coming up and have completed all of the pre cruise information on my account.  Only thing left is the online check-in.  There is a date showing when this begins but no time --- unlike when shore excursions and specialty restaurant reservations opened --- which I believe was 8:00 p.m Eastern time.

I received my luggage tags a few days ago and it just says online check-in any time from 21 days to 4 days before embarkation.  I called Regent and one representative thought it opened at 8:01 p.m. at the 21 day mark and, when I called again, I was told any time beginning 21 days before embarkation -- right after midnight at the 21 day mark.

I don't necessarily need the first slot for boarding on embarkation day, but don't want a time later in the afternoon either, so want to do the online check-in as early as possible to get what I hope will be a good time slot.  I have read that people show up early regardless of their designated time so not sure how important this is, but I have not sailed Regent in several years, so looking for current information on how this works these days.

Anyone with current experience that could tell my how it worked for them regarding the opening time to do online check-in would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1

As Pcardad said, the boarding time slot is basically irrelevant on Regent cruises now. In the past, it made some sense when Regent was doing Covid testing at the pier prior to boarding.

Dave

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

The boarding time slot is generally ignored by everyone involved in the process.

This.  Show up earlier if you don't mind a little bit of a crowd, and you will get in to a nice lunch, get to meet some fellow passengers, move into your suite, freshen up, have dinner, and enjoy a leisurely sail-away (sail-away invariably occurs several hours late, with the ship needing to stock up on provisions, passengers arriving late, and heaven knows what else going on).  

In the alternative, board the ship a little later.  Arrange for a late check-out from your hotel, enjoy a late breakfast at your leisure, arrive at the port when the crowds (such as they are) have passed.  Freshen up in your suite.  Have a coffee at Coffee Connection.  Explore the ship.  And so on.  There is no right or wrong way to do a boarding day, really. 

I agree that boarding time is often ignored. I’m told that in some ports, you must show your boarding pass and can’t enter the port early. Not sure where this might be….

Many/most passengers are using the included transfers from airport or hotel to the ship. This could be a large coach bus, perhaps with many passengers traveling together to the ship. They board when Regent’s transfer gets them to the ship - no matter what their boarding time is.

I’m trying to remember when my check in started. My calendar has an alert set for 8am, but check in might have been available earlier than that……

What is the time range available for boarding?  The way I'm reading this it seems you pick a time spot when doing online check in?  Embarking in Reykjavik. 

Thank you

12 hours ago, Jack1 said:

What is the time range available for boarding?  The way I'm reading this it seems you pick a time spot when doing online check in?  Embarking in Reykjavik. 

Thank you

Depends on the port....maybe 1130 to 330ish.