Luggage

I want to just carry on my medium size suitcase at Port Canaveral.   Does anyone recall if the scanners are big enough to support a medium size suitcase?  The docs say they are "similar" to airport security, and I think it will fit, but I don't recall the machines at PC.   Has anyone recently carried their luggage through check in at PC ?

Thanks,

Sue

It's been a while, but we have.  A medium bag should not be a problem at all.  The scanners are actually a little bigger than for airports, so that's a bonus.

We just carried on a pretty bulky bag in Baltimore, no issues at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdear said:

Does anyone recall if the scanners are big enough to support a medium size suitcase?

The tunnel opening for most xray machines used is about 24" wide x 16" tall - if your bag fits, it won't be an issue.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

The question is...do you really want to drag around your full luggage until your cabin is ready to let you in?  

Clearly, the answer is yes, or they would not be asking.  It's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be- as we've been carrying on for +60 cruises now.

But that's also not the question the OP was wondering about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

The question is...do you really want to drag around your full luggage until your cabin is ready to let you in?  

I only wanted ONE piece of luggage on my cruise, since I was taking a train and Lyft to/from the port.  It wasn't any harder for me to "drag around" a large (4-wheel) suitcase than a two-wheel carry-on.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

They might be arriving after the cabins are ready.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I won't be getting there until about noon anyways....I wont have to for more than an hour .  

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

Clearly, the answer is yes, or they would not be asking.  It's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be- as we've been carrying on for +60 cruises now.

But that's also not the question the OP was wondering about.

Exactly 🙂  Since i am cruising solo...i figured it would be easier for me to get everything in one, and I think i can get everything in a medium suitcase for 4 nights.  Certain things i don't want to "check" , so i am going to try this.