a magnificent LIVE Review... MSC Magnifica... March 18, 2024 - March 22, 2024

rrraydon

I have to laugh because after strolling all over I finally found a bar open! The Tiger bar on 6 seems to always be open. The server just brought over my drink and this…..I love this cruise line! 🥰

image.jpg

• Like 3

So, apparently the solo meet & mingle wasn’t just for day one. The solos have been meeting all week, same time and same place… who knew?? lol 

I now know this because 2 of the other solos asked me today where I’ve been. What’s an old girl to do??? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I have to laugh because after strolling all over I finally found a bar open! The Tiger bar on 6 seems to always be open. The server just brought over my drink and this…..I love this cruise line! 🥰

image.jpg

Are these snacks included with the drink?

I read there are snacks at some times and some bars.

Which kink of snacks?

11 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Are these snacks included with the drink?

I read there are snacks at some times and some bars.

Which kink of snacks?

I did not order them. She just brought them out with my drink here in the Tiger Bar. 

• Like 3

Thanks for your great review - we are leaving on 4/26 and can't wait.  New cruise line for us.  So......no drinks in the pool at all?  Not a game changer, but hubby does like to hold his beer in the pool.  Did you order room service at all?  Interested in breakfast as we have some early excursions (we will be Aurea if that helps).  What was your favorite bar?  Show?  Safe travels home

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

Thanks for your great review - we are leaving on 4/26 and can't wait.  New cruise line for us.  So......no drinks in the pool at all?  Not a game changer, but hubby does like to hold his beer in the pool.  Did you order room service at all?  Interested in breakfast as we have some early excursions (we will be Aurea if that helps).  What was your favorite bar?  Show?  Safe travels home

Thank you! You will love this ship…the staff on here are so attentive!

Nope, no drinks in the pool area at all, it does suck. But, I got used to it. I saw a guy set his beer here today, right next to the pole there and he got out of the hot tub to have a taste and put it back…

image.jpg

Edited by rrraydon

12 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

I did not use room service but I did post the menus on here somewhere. 

Today was the first time I ate breakfast and I ate in the buffet. I have noticed the last couple of years the bacon on the various lines doesn’t even have a bacon taste anymore. I stopped eating it. The bacon on here was delicious! All of my food at breakfast was hot, that hasn’t been the case in the buffet these last nights…excluding the best pizza I’ve tasted on a cruise line. 

I had 2 favorite bars: The Tiger and the Topazio. 

The drinks everywhere on this ship are super strong, just the way I like! Lol

i have had a fantastic time on this ship and plan to be back on here again very soon!

Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

• Like 2

And..................dressing for dinner question.  We are attempting to have one medium suitcase between the two of us, plus a small carry on.  I wear sundresses all the time, very casual.  Hubby wants to bring shorts and polos and Hawaiian shirts.  I think we can do it - we are veteran cruisers but usually bring dressy dresses and chinos for dinner - wouldn't mind being comfortable.

14 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

And..................dressing for dinner question.  We are attempting to have one medium suitcase between the two of us, plus a small carry on.  I wear sundresses all the time, very casual.  Hubby wants to bring shorts and polos and Hawaiian shirts.  I think we can do it - we are veteran cruisers but usually bring dressy dresses and chinos for dinner - wouldn't mind being comfortable.

You will be fine. As with the other lines, dress varies. I brought nothing fancy with me. Slacks and blouses other than the 2 sun dresses. 

18 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

I packed that little bag and still had 2 blouses and 2 capris I never wore. 

Well, another fabulous cruise down in the books.

My bag is packed and I’m ready to go. Hoping all goes well tomorrow…Uber gets here with no problems and we get to MIA by 0930, the flight leaves on time, the shuttle arrives on time in NJ to take me to my car, my car hasn’t been stolen out of the car lot and the 3 hour ride gets me to work on time for my shift tomorrow night! 🤪

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rrraydon said:

My bag is packed and I’m ready to go. Hoping all goes well tomorrow…Uber gets here with no problems and we get to MIA by 0930, the flight leaves on time, the shuttle arrives on time in NJ to take me to my car, my car hasn’t been stolen out of the car lot and the 3 hour ride gets me to work on time for my shift tomorrow night! 🤪

Safe travels.  Terrible weather down here today.  Hope your flight gets out on time.

16 hours ago, rrraydon said:

We had an awesome time as well! Funny thing by the way, not going to point her out for her privacy, but my wife was in the Topazio Bar in that picture from yesterdays trivia 🤣🤣 

We had an awesome anniversary, and will definitely be sailing MSC again! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, quattrohead said:

The ship reminds me of our first ever MSC trip on her sister,Poesia. It was stunning.

How is the overall condition of the ship ? It looks good from the pictures.

I thought is was well kept. Of course some things are outdated but all in all still beautiful.

8 hours ago, Lupush said:

Safe travels.  Terrible weather down here today.  Hope your flight gets out on time.

Everything worked out fine. I hit rush hour in quite a few places in the 3.5 hour drive. I made it to work with only 5 min to spare!!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Flnative9206 said:

We had an awesome time as well! Funny thing by the way, not going to point her out for her privacy, but my wife was in the Topazio Bar in that picture from yesterdays trivia 🤣🤣 

We had an awesome anniversary, and will definitely be sailing MSC again! 

OMG, that is so funny she's in the pic!!

I plan to book another MSC cruise again soon too. I really liked the atmosphere on the Magnifica!

Edited by rrraydon

Thanks for sharing your first MSC and solo cruise.  Ocean Cay looks gorgeous from your pictures.  Sounds like you had a good time 😀

Susan

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rzyjzq said:

Thanks for sharing your first MSC and solo cruise.  Ocean Cay looks gorgeous from your pictures.  Sounds like you had a good time 😀

Susan

You're welcome!

I definitely had a great time and get wait for my next solo cruise next month on Liberty of the Seas.

On 3/17/2024 at 2:13 AM, rrraydon said:

Ok, so I found this cruise on the website, "cruiseplum"... I'm pretty sure it was on here that I read about the site. I knew nothing about MSC at all when I was trying to decide whether to choose the "plain cruise" package (no bells and whistles) or one of the others. I chose the " Bella" package and for a couple of hundred more than the base cruise price I get the internet package, $25 OBC and the Easy Plus drink package. Also, they pick my inside cabin. I don't mind an inside cabin at all...as long as it's not all the way forward in the bow and all the way up on the top deck. (and what are the chances of that happening, right? I mean all those inside cabins they can pick on that ship) Yeah, right...that's exactly what I got! So I called to see if maybe I could switch...I mean not an upgrade but make a lateral move to a cabin in the same category... maybe aft and a few decks down. Nope, nothing available. A few days ago I got the email to bid on an upgrade so I bid on an OV cabin but haven't heard anything back yet. Oh, well...I'm not going to die being forward and up top and I'm not going to let it bug me either. 

I read a Nassau review a few days ago and the lady had some beautiful pictures of Graycliff Hotel/Mansion in Nassau and they offer day passes. As well as wine tastings, chocolate making classes and cigar rolling. Next to their hotel (within walking distance) is their chocolate making factory that has tours and you sample and make chocolate. Also, they have a cigar making factory too. The day pass for the hotel, that includes a drink and lunch, is about $160...more than I want to spend. I'm not much on cigars but I do like me some chocolate!! I also noticed in some review pics the street that these places are located on has many cute little shops. All of this is within walking distance from the port. Maybe about the same distance from the port to Junkanoo Beach which I've walked plenty of times in the past (that's what it's looking like to me on the map). I'm thinking of walking to the Graycliff Hotel, having a cocktail at their bar or out in their outside pool area and checking the place out (the pics show beautiful gardens all around the place--great for picture taking). Taking a walk over to the candy factory to sample and purchase some of their chocolates (I probably won't purchase the factory tour and chocolate making ticket). Then checking out a few of the shops and grabbing a bite to eat from one of the lesser priced establishments along the route. 

The one other stop we're doing on this cruise is MSC's private island, Ocean Cay. It's not as nice as Royal's private island, but it does have some beautiful water at their beaches. I've been checking out the pics on various reviews. I think I may snorkel here instead of purchasing one of the many excursions they offer. I plan to get off the ship early and get some sun and snorkel for half the day and head back to the ship to eat at which point I'll probably just lay out at the pool. They food choices on their island is limited to hot dogs and hamburgers and I'm not interested in eating that. 

These are some things I'm still tossing around...as said, I'm winging it! lol

not so, they have a bigger buffet area that has a variety of food items, like chicken, bbq style  with salads, desserts, different meats, etc

3 hours ago, rtrtx2 said:

not so, they have a bigger buffet area that has a variety of food items, like chicken, bbq style  with salads, desserts, different meats, etc

You are correct, they had chicken and salads also. I should have worded it differently. I’m not into BBQ foods on vacation. 

I did go back on ship that day lunch…it was delicious.