Main Dining Room on Legend

Just had our first meal in the MDR.   New to us anyway is they use electronic ordering instead of paper   drinks came in 5 minutes, appetizers right after that    entrees came in 15 minutes    fastest we've ever seen   food was hot and very good 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jayhoaps said:

Interesting, so you just order through the tablet? Just to clarify, no waiter to take orders?

No the waiter takes the order using the device   sorry I wasn't clear about that   same waiter setup as before   the waiters have the devices to submit the orders electronically 

• Like 1

Very interesting, I love it. Anything to speed up the service. Although I don't mind the leisurely pace of the MDR I know lots of folks prefer a quicker meal.

• Like 1

They started in this past year.  The Legend was one of the test ships.  Have not experienced the “quick” times the op has but it works well.  Some of the waiters were struggling with the adaptation.  Sure it is better now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

They started in this past year.  The Legend was one of the test ships.  Have not experienced the “quick” times the op has but it works well.  Some of the waiters were struggling with the adaptation.  Sure it is better now.

Yeah, early on it took some time for them to know where the selection was on various screens on their tablet. This was especially true with specific wines. With repetition they'll be fine.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Yeah, early on it took some time for them to know where the selection was on various screens on their tablet. This was especially true with specific wines. With repetition they'll be fine.

agreed.  That cruise we had an older waiter, he was really struggling... seemed a little better by end of cruise.

The device has the pictures of all the people assigned to that table   there was someone who said they were switched to a different table but the device didn't have them seated there so it didn't work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1