Avalon Go App

I've still got all the flights, but I agree with you that no point in worrying.  Only when I saw my own name on one of the itineraries did I get a little skitzy.  I did not book air through Avalon.  I'm sailing out of Arles on 4/2 ... which cruise are you on?

13 hours ago, jsn55 said:

I've still got all the flights, but I agree with you that no point in worrying.  Only when I saw my own name on one of the itineraries did I get a little skitzy.  I did not book air through Avalon.  I'm sailing out of Arles on 4/2 ... which cruise are you on?

Sailing out of Budapest on 9th April.

On 3/27/2024 at 8:43 AM, Ladyshopper23 said:

Sailing out of Budapest on 9th April.

LOVE Budapest!  You should get out to see all the humongeous communist statues if you can ... the Hungarians have made them into a park.  Very impressive.

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2024 at 5:10 PM, Canal archive said:

Look for the Jewish shoe memorial on the bank of the Danube in Budapest simple but very moving.

I can't wait to see this.  I was watching a video on YouTube yesterday and the YouTuber was trying to put her foot in one of the shoes....It seemed rather disrespectful.

Yup, I'm in Marseille on my to board Poetry this afternoon.  My app is finally working well.  I had to laugh at the multi-page summary of excursions ... 2pt type on my phone that will not be enlarged, nor turned horizontal, thereby rendering it completely useless.  Avignon has completely disappeared.  Who puts out this garbage???

8 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Yup, I'm in Marseille on my to board Poetry this afternoon.  My app is finally working well.  I had to laugh at the multi-page summary of excursions ... 2pt type on my phone that will not be enlarged, nor turned horizontal, thereby rendering it completely useless.  Avignon has completely disappeared.  Who puts out this garbage???

Could be your phone? I'm on an iPhone, and mine expands with a pinch out no problem. I was on my 6 in Sept and had no problem, and just checked my new one and it's good as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2024 at 7:39 AM, Daisi said:

Could be your phone? I'm on an iPhone, and mine expands with a pinch out no problem. I was on my 6 in Sept and had no problem, and just checked my new one and it's good as well.

Sure, my phone 'expands' but I don't enjoy reading half a sentence at a time.  And the AvalonGO app does not convert to landscape, so no help there.  I found it all on the website anyway.  I just wish these companies would THINK about their clients more than they think about their own convenience.  The app is good for the daily schedule but not much else.  

On 4/12/2024 at 9:21 AM, Daisi said:

Sorry, but we (my husband and myself) can read the app no problem on our phones. We liked having them to check easily.

Well of course Iphones are far superior to any ol' Android machine.  

6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other each has their good and bad points. My iPhone is getting a bit long in the tooth a bit like myself so I will soon have to make the ‘biggest decision of my life so far - well according to a few friends.

5 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other each has their good and bad points. My iPhone is getting a bit long in the tooth a bit like myself so I will soon have to make the ‘biggest decision of my life so far - well according to a few friends.

I keep my iPhones a long time.  The 6 was the first fully mature design, so I kept it until the battery died.  The 12 was a good step up, and then switching to T-Mobile got us all on 13s for free [too early to upgrade, but for free?]  That still does everything I want, so I'm waiting for the 16 [or later, depending on trade-in deals]  That's why I like Apple products – they 'just work,' and they keep working almost forever. 

Well ummmmm I just have to admit considering that my little sisters phone is an android that can’t do WhatsApp’s and for some few years I just took over my husbands cast off phones (ohhh I loved my Blackberry) my phone at the moment is an iPhone 7! Although my iPad is one of the latest. My next phone is going to be a huge leaning curve, question can my brain take it! Still my challenge for today is, just go for it.

I just upgraded in December from my old 6 (passed on to my DH) to a 15. All of our family (except 2) are on iPhones, so it makes messaging so much easier when you are on pay-as-you-go with no texting. We tried an android (Samsung) tablet when we first started (only had old phones with no "smart" features) and although it was a brand new tablet, I got 2 upgrades and that was it. That's why we switched to Apple, at least we were pretty much guaranteed 5 years. With all the stuff you do on a phone these days, having the security (and I also have a separate virus protection with VPN) is very important to me. 

@Canal archive, if my 86 yr old Mother can learn to use an iPhone, I'm sure you can learn any new phone.

Daisi not quite there yet but I figure I’m okay as I switch regularly between Apple and Microsoft systems. Apple at home and Archive all Microsoft and now the two have sorted out their differences with cross overs the world is a much happier and secure place, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daisi said:

if my 86 yr old Mother can learn to use an iPhone, I'm sure you can learn any new phone.

The problem isn't so much learning to use the new phone (or OS upgrade), as unlearning how you used the old one.  Especially if you like the old way better than the new!  [I often find hacks on the internet to bend the iPhone to my will...]