bringing wine aboard

You can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard when you first embark. Any bottles brought on in other ports will be collected upon re-boarding and delivered to your cabin on the last night of your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As said above - only on the first day you embark.  similar to many other cruiselines -not all.

I know some folks bought some at one of the stops and argued with the staff coming back aboard that they did not do bottles when they first boarded, so wanted to do them now.  Nope - that would be a logistical nightmare.

Based on my last two trips - they check your bag during embarking the first day and then waive you through. They do even keep track who brought them and who did not.

Officially you are allowed to bring 2 bottles per cabin at embarkation.  We are aware of more than a few people who brought 2 bottles per person and were not stopped.  But no, not allowed at ports of call.

• Like 1

So, as a solo, I can bring 2 bottles at embarkation?

I'm on a TA, then a Med sailing soon.  I know that some European ports have duty free shops after security.  We were able to purchase wine there and carry it on.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which ports those were.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone sailed solo that can answer my question?  Can I bring two bottles?  Is it 2 per cabin or 1 per person, assuming double occupancy?  FAQ does make it sound like it's 2 per cabin but people at the ports don't always get the fine point of the cruise line's policies.  I just don't want to haul 2 bottles through check in just to have one taken from me.  My carry-on is already going to be heavy (packing for a month with only a 25" case and a carry-on!).

Sailors are also welcome to bring two (2) 750mL bottles of wine per cabin in carry-on bags

It is 2 per cabin, regardless of the number of people in a cabin.  In reality, I know plenty of people who have gotten away with 2 per person, but....that's not what the rules say.  I also know of one who brought 6 bottles of hot sauce and got sent to the naughty room (they were gifts)....she got them back.

• Like 1