Observation Lounge breakfast on Joy

Its a nice, but limited buffet. Lots of pastries, fruit, yogurt, a few other options. Fine for a light breakfast but not the full set up of the main Buffet area. Great, uncrowded bar in the morning hours also...

@elcuchio24 Can you let us know if your answer is based on a sailing this month, post dry-dock?  There are rumors on this board regarding the elimination of selected (or all) food and snacks in the OL on the Joy. 

I'm also wondering what the most recent experience has been.

• Like 2

We were on the Joy during the transatlantic after the refurb last month. There was no breakfast in the Observation Lounge. I spoke with an officer who told me it was being discontinued fleet wide. 

18 minutes ago, JGmf said:

@elcuchio24 Can you let us know if your answer is based on a sailing this month, post dry-dock?  There are rumors on this board regarding the elimination of selected (or all) food and snacks in the OL on the Joy. 

I'm also wondering what the most recent experience has been.

No, the last time we were on Joy was about 6 months ago. I wasn't aware of any changes after dry dock, and unfortunate if they removed this!

We are just off the Joy. I'm not sure what the breakfast options were as we never ate there at that time. But there are lots of options in the afternoon - vol au vents, filled rolls, pastries, cold meets, cheese, scones. It always was very popular. 

23 minutes ago, missinver said:

We are just off the Joy. I'm not sure what the breakfast options were as we never ate there at that time.

If you happened to keep on of the dailies, it would be listed as a breakfast option.

45 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you believe me(post #4)?

Because of #3:

8 hours ago, JGmf said:

There are rumors on this board

I prefer corroboration, and a daily would have been nice. While I believe what you experienced, were you there every day? People hear things from officers all the time, it seems. Some are correct, and some most certainly aren't.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Because of #3:

I prefer corroboration, and a daily would have been nice. While I believe what you experienced, were you there every day? People hear things from officers all the time, it seems. Some are correct, and some most certainly aren't.

Well I guess it’s time to eat a little crow. The posted dailies clearly show that the OL serves breakfast. I was in the OL every morning to go to Starbucks and every morning the display counters were empty. There were some other things closed on the transatlantic, so that’s why I asked an officer, that I know quite well, if this was a permanent decision, he told me it was, fleet wide. I guess there’s something to be said for corroboration. My apologies.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Well I guess it’s time to eat a little crow.

No crow or apology necessary. My comment was actually hopeful, selfish denial. If the rumors of "fleet wide" elimination of American Diner and Observation Lounge breakfast is true, that eliminates 2/3 of my breakfast options.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

The posted dailies clearly show that the OL serves breakfast.

i'll take your personal experience over what's posted in a free style daily, any day of the week... and twice on sundays. we've heard about food disappearing from the OL in other threads as well. the dailies are notorious for misprints, typos and not updating erroneous information. when i sailed into southampton last year, the daily included disembarkation instructions for new york. 

the daily is not the new york sun! in other words, virginia, if you see it in the daily, it ain't necessarily so. 

Edited by UKstages

I was on the Joy a few weeks ago. They had breakfast available in the Observation Lounge (smaller selection of things like fruit and pastries) and the American Diner, which included some warm options. The OL still had wonderful snacks every afternoon.

• Like 4