Gem - Where is breakfast and lunch for Haven and Suite Passengers

Thanks, on our very first cruise we had a suite on the Gem and both Breakfast and lunch was in Cagneys, that was also 13 years ago

lunch is still in cagney's (including embarkation day).

it's nice to go to dinner at cagney's (by paying or using a meal credit), after being served by the same team at lunch. it's like walking into cheers... everybody knows your name and what you like. and they bend over backwards to make your dinner extra special.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, UKstages said:

lunch is still in cagney's (including embarkation day).

it's nice to go to dinner at cagney's (by paying or using a meal credit), after being served by the same team at lunch. it's like walking into cheers... everybody knows your name and what you like. and they bend over backwards to make your dinner extra special.

Yea, love the Haven restaurant, not on the Gem but thats OK

• Like 1

Just got off the Gem last Thursday. They are serving Suite/Haven breakfast in Moderno and lunch in Cagney's. As mentioned by @UKstages, most of the suite/Haven staff works in Cagney's in the evening with some exceptions so you will be greeted by familiar faces.

We had wonderful service at every breakfast and lunch and expect you will, too! The food was excellent and we had a fabulous cruise as was reported by all other guests we spoke with on the ship.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cruisernh said:

So suites not Haven can get breakfast and lunch at either moderno or cagney's.

I am new to NCL

Thanks 

If you are in the Haven on a ship that does not have a Haven restaurant, breakfast and lunch will be served in Moderno or Cagney's. If you are in a suite (not Club Balcony Suite), you will get breakfast and lunch in Moderno or Cagney's. I believe the only exception is suites on NCL Joy.

10 hours ago, UKstages said:

Really?  You ate lunch there so they know what you want for dinner?  How do they know your names?  Doesn't the Cagney's team bend over backwards to make everyone's dinner extra special?  Strange...  I've always received great service at Cagney's.  Nobody knew my name.  Nobody knew what I liked until they took my order.

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Really?  You ate lunch there so they know what you want for dinner?  How do they know your names?  Doesn't the Cagney's team bend over backwards to make everyone's dinner extra special?  Strange...  I've always received great service at Cagney's.  Nobody knew my name.  Nobody knew what I liked until they took my order.

You've also never cruised in a suite or Haven, so you don't know how it feels to walk into the restaurant with every server/hostess saying "Hello, Sir A-Aron." 

• Like 1

Based on my experience on Gem 2 years ago and the Pearl last August, it is NOT the same as the posted Haven lunch menu.  No lobster bisque or Cobb Salad that I see on the menus of ships with a dedicated Haven restaurant. Maybe a few other things different too.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

You've also never cruised in a suite or Haven, so you don't know how it feels to walk into the restaurant with every server/hostess saying "Hello, Sir A-Aron." 

often, i don't see comments unless somebody quotes them. i'll leave it to your imagination as to why that is. in this case, it's not that some folks have never cruised in a suite or the haven... it's something else altogether, unique to some posters. they like to tilt at windmills and fight straw men.

no reasonable person would believe that "they know what you like" means your server can predict what you'd like to eat on any given evening. it means, of course, that they know whether you take cream in your coffee or like it black (or don't drink coffee at all). they know whether you like your scotch neat or on the rocks. they know that you want your salad without tomatoes and that you like your steak rare. they know that you prefer a sprite zero and don't drink diet coke. and that you think there is no such thing as too many lemons when seafood is being served.

i must strongly disagree with your last point, however. in point if fact, most people have no idea what it's like to be greeted by somebody saying "hello, sir a-aron." so i wouldn't scold anybody for that.

mr. burr, mr. spelling, mr. copland and mr. sorkin probably hear or heard "hello, sir a-aron." quite frequently... but most of us truly have no idea what that's like.

2 hours ago, meglet said:

Based on my experience on Gem 2 years ago and the Pearl last August, it is NOT the same as the posted Haven lunch menu.

i was also on the gem two years ago. it was actually my first haven experience. (they say you always remember your first.)  i remember having cobb salad for lunch, on embarkation day. and at least one other time on that trip. i couldn't tell you whether lobster bisque was on the menu or not. i don't remember having it. i do remember vividly that the menu was branded "haven" even though the meal service was shared by both suites and haven guests.

Edited by UKstages