Suite free dinner in the Crown Grill on sail away

gvre

Posted (edited)

Have a suite on the Emerald for the solar cruise and they booked me a free dinner in the Crown Grill for the sail away date. How hard is it to have them give me credit for a different day.. we don’t want to eat there the first night on the cruise and have booked some sea days at the Grill

Edited by gvre

12 minutes ago, gvre said:

Have a suite on the Emerald for the solar cruise and they booked me a free dinner in the Crown Grill for the sail away date. How hard is it to have them give me credit for a different day.. we don’t want to eat there the first night on the cruise and have booked some sea days at the Grill

Just call the dine line and request a different day. If motive’s a popular day you may not have the time you want. We always eat after 7:30 and not usually a problem 

I was on a previous cruise...and asked the Assistant Manager of the Crown Grill if I could change my day for another cruise a couple of months away.  We would be arriving to the ship later (overnight in Quebec).  

He told me I could ask when I arrived for my next cruise.  It has something to do with a "different" accounting system for complimentary suite dinners on Embarkation Day.  

I never had the chance to see if this could be done since we decided we wanted to relax for a nice dinner since we would not be going out to the city that night.

All you can do is ask.  

Guest Snaxmuppet

I didn't think you could move the free one on embarkation day to another day? You certainly shouldn't be able to get anything moved to another cruise. 

Has anyone actually managed to get this moved? 

17 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I didn't think you could move the free one on embarkation day to another day? You certainly shouldn't be able to get anything moved to another cruise. 

Has anyone actually managed to get this moved? 

I apologize if I wasn't clear.  I was on the Caribbean finishing up one New England Cruise.  I would be returning to the Caribbean for another New England Cruise in just a few months.  I was inquiring about the future cruise Embarkation Night Suite dinner.  

I had read that it was "possible" so wanted to check with the Assistant Manager before getting off the first cruise.  I do a lot of "what ifs",

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2024 at 11:21 PM, gvre said:

We went to concierge upon embarking…Requested to move to Wednesday night to celebrate our SIL and BIL 50th anniversary.    Lots of huffy and puffing and I don’t know.   Finally picked up phone and she made a three minute phone call and it was moved

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

Pleased you got it moved but I don't think it is official policy to allow it to be moved. It isn't in the T&Cs anywhere that I can see. In which case it is probably ask and see if you get lucky!

27 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Pleased you got it moved but I don't think it is official policy to allow it to be moved. It isn't in the T&Cs anywhere that I can see. In which case it is probably ask and see if you get lucky!

I sure will try..I think they try to fill them up on sailaway as most passangers are busy getting around the ship and give them to suite passangers.

5 hours ago, gvre said:

I sure will try..I think they try to fill them up on sailaway as most passangers are busy getting around the ship and give them to suite passangers.

This is the main reason for the complimentary specialty dinner on Embarkation Day for suite passengers.  Not many will reserve them because they are busy unpacking and getting settled.  Not the most convenient since dinner will mean you will miss the one and only intro show in the Princess Theater.  Many are just tired from traveling.  Lots of reasons NOT to partake in a heavy meal on the first day.

That being said, I look forward to a leisure, stressless, and pampered dinner.   

• Like 1