March Madness

Well, the women's march to the final 4 and finals happen while we're enroute from MIA to Trieste.  The final 4 is on ESPN and the finals on CBS.  Obviously this year is really, really good.  Anyone had experience on whether or not major sports events are carried on the O television system knowing that we probably cannot stream them on the wifi?  I will be upset if they carry the men's final and not the distaff version.  

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bob from Florida said:

Well, the women's march to the final 4 and finals happen while we're enroute from MIA to Trieste.  The final 4 is on ESPN and the finals on CBS.  Obviously this year is really, really good.  Anyone had experience on whether or not major sports events are carried on the O television system knowing that we probably cannot stream them on the wifi?  I will be upset if they carry the men's final and not the distaff version.  

They carried the NFL AFC and NFC Conference Championships on the TV on our cruise this past January. But….whether they deem either the men’s or women’s  basketball finals at that same level, 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by EJL2023

They did not carry the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament this last week on Vista. I wouldn’t expect them to carry the next rounds either. I did watch multiple games this last week by streaming them using the March Madness Live app on my iPad. I did have to pay for an upgrade to allow Wi-Fi streaming.

I did ask the CD on Regent (since we are on "cousin" ships) but haven't heard anything yet.  Will post here if I find out anything.  I would think that NCLH will post on all three lines.  

@nu#1 I kept refreshing my CBS Sports app to "watch" the games.

I think I'm seeing a solution here, if not otherwise carried on the cabin TV.  Get the app and upgrade the wifi for the tablet at $10.00 per day.  I assume that if one signs up for the wifi upgrade, she/he can select the number of days that it is needed and not be locked in for the entire cruise.  Any experience here?  Go Iowa.  

2 hours ago, Bob from Florida said:

I assume that if one signs up for the wifi upgrade, she/he can select the number of days that it is needed and not be locked in for the entire cruise.

I'm pretty sure that would be an incorrect assumption. It's probably like the drink package, you don't have to take it from day 1, but once you do it's through the end of the cruise. 

You might consider waiting until you're onboard and see if you are able to use the app without the upgrade. You never know. 

• Like 1

On the Marina, February-April, 2023, we asked (actually begged and pleaded!) the general manager if the SDSU - UConn game could be available on board. The evening of the game, April 3, 2023, the large (map) screen carried the game. With a bar set up (with free popcorn!) to the side and rows of chairs facing the large screen, we had a game! San Diego State 59, UConn 76. 
IMG_8689.thumb.jpeg.b831f2172b10574a4ecfc81385f5cccc.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norseh2o said:

On the Marina, February-April, 2023, we asked (actually begged and pleaded!) the general manager if the SDSU - UConn game could be available on board. The evening of the game, April 3, 2023, the large (map) screen carried the game. With a bar set up (with free popcorn!) to the side and rows of chairs facing the large screen, we had a game! San Diego State 59, UConn 76. 
IMG_8689.thumb.jpeg.b831f2172b10574a4ecfc81385f5cccc.jpeg

At first, I was wondering how you watched a game (SDSU - UConn) that hasn't been played yet, and then remembered last year's final. Quite a coincidence that they're matched up again!

• Like 1