*LIVE* Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean March 31, 2024 – April 7, 2024

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

The Garden Cafe has nice outside seating for al fresco dining. For cool dining climates, there are heaters in the ceilings. 
IMG_2162.thumb.jpeg.55d6acd394600657fc94327963732921.jpeg

Breakfast Time

IMG_2163.jpeg

IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2166.jpeg

IMG_2167.jpeg

IMG_2169.jpeg

IMG_2172.jpeg

IMG_2170.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2176.jpeg

Cinnamon Rolls look yummy 

We just got home from this cruise.  It was probably our 20th NCL cruise, but first time on the Encore and we were very impressed with everything. The big highlight for us was the Beatles Invasion Band that performed the first 5 nights.  We attended all shows and enjoyed them tremendously.  The ship is gorgeous....especially the Observation Lounge.  WOW.  Good work NCL!  It was a perfect week......even if there were 1400 kids on board....that took a bit of patience...lol. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Need some mommy and daddy time without the kids? Register the kiddos with the Splash Academy on embarkation day. For our kiddo-heavy cruise, the ship was using the NCL app virtual queues for admittance. 

IMG_1811.jpeg

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

IMG_1821.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1825.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1830.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

Posted (edited)

Got an owie? Doctors and nurses are available 24/7 to assist you in a fully equipped Medical Center. 

The old coin operated machines with basic meds have been replaced with modern machines that bill your room account. 

IMG_1792.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1781.jpeg

IMG_1782.jpeg

IMG_1786.jpeg

IMG_1787.jpeg

IMG_1793.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

8 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Welcome back and thanks again for an awesome review.

Any major changes since your last Encore cruise?

No major changes. We'll see more as the dry dock gets closer. 

The not-so-good magician has been replace by Wheel of Fortune. 

One of the "challenges" with this cruise is the demographics of the passengers. Lots of newbies who have expectations on being treated like they were on a private yacht. 

The crew did an amazing job. But this was the second or third cruise with 4900ish passengers (we were slightly under, last week slightly over 4900). And the crew and the ship was being stretched to the limits. This week (the 21-day crossing from Miami to Alaska) is mostly senior Latitudes members. The crew's characterization of the Ambassadors and Dimond cruisers are people who show up to dinner with a book or just sit and read the news on their smartphones while they eat and really have no demands of the crew. 

As I mentioned before, with the ship at 4900 passengers, every square inch of sunlight had a lounger planted in it. The Birds spent no time on the pool or sun deck on this cruise (much too obnoxious). We enjoyed the Waterfront and the Thermal Suite.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No major changes. We'll see more as the dry dock gets closer. 

The not-so-good magician has been replace by Wheel of Fortune. 

One of the "challenges" with this cruise is the demographics of the passengers. Lots of newbies who have expectations on being treated like they were on a private yacht. 

The crew did an amazing job. But this was the second or third cruise with 4900ish passengers (we were slightly under, last week slightly over 4900). And the crew and the ship was being stretched to the limits. This week (the 21-day crossing from Miami to Alaska) is mostly senior Latitudes members. The crew's characterization of the Ambassadors and Dimond cruisers are people who show up to dinner with a book or just sit and read the news on their smartphones while they eat and really have no demands of the crew. 

As I mentioned before, with the ship at 4900 passengers, every square inch of sunlight had a lounger planted in it. The Birds spent no time on the pool or sun deck on this cruise (much too obnoxious). We enjoyed the Waterfront and the Thermal Suite.  

NCL wants and targets new cruisers so they got them. I don't think they care their private yacht experience was not up to expectations. There will be new cruisers to replace them.

BTW, you reminded me again to never cruise during spring break.

Whether you are an artist or novice, Canvas by U will lead you through the creation of a masterpiece in one hour. A glass of wine helps to get those creative juices flowing. 

Sign up at the Box Office (Deck 7 Forward, Starboard Theater Entrance) on embarkation day. Sessions usually sell out quickly. $35 for art supplies. 

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2264.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

At each meal, the waiters always ask about food allergies or dietary restrictions. This is a high priority for NCL. At the galley pick-up stations, a description of each dish is posted with potential allergens. This reminds the waiters of the ingredients in each dish and is a double check if an allergy is identified by the guest. 

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2299.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

My family and I had an amazing time on thgis cruise.  We were in balcony cabins on deck 11 and 14.  The crew took very good care of us and were constantly checking in on us to see if we needed anything at all.  The sapphire dinner with the officers was great.  We ate specialty dining all other nights and the food was perfect each night.  We had breakfast at the Local the first day and my wife was very pleased with how perfectly her food was prepared.  We asked for the chef to come see us and I gave him a $5 tip for how well the meal was prepared.  A few days later we went back and they were already on the lunch menu.  I had a real taste for breakfast and Roman (the chaef) prepared eggs and an english muffin for me even though breakfast had stopped over an hour prior.  I tipped him anotehr $5.  The ports were all very good and we had a blast at each one.  We did not care too much for the comedy show.  It was OK but no real comedu IMHO.  Chior of Man was really good.  All in all it was a fantastioc trme and I won over $2,000 playing poker! 🙂 We will be sailing again some time later this year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The 13,412 sq fr Encore Theater seats 877 guests. The theater boasts state of the art lighting, sound, and multiple video walls. 

When you are in the production booth, it is always interesting to see that there are pre-scripted announcements at the production manager’s station for show pauses due to technical difficulties, medical emergencies, and fires in different zones of the theater. 

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

IMG_2303.thumb.jpeg.e8712d6e16651773304b70b0a66ffdd0.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

Posted (edited)

Toward the end of the cruise, The Bird needed to do some laundry, so headed down to Deck 3. 

Sticky, itchy tag machine. 
IMG_2308.thumb.jpeg.325a55a4580c554a4ee248af13abe8d7.jpeg

265 pound washers and 110 pound dryers. 

IMG_2309.thumb.jpeg.ca84084f1822cb42f1a20bf469567b05.jpegimage001.thumb.jpeg.129826940975d66f035984216a051cdb.jpeg

Dry Cleaner

IMG_2310.thumb.jpeg.c381716d5aa2077f84be33f3ee7a10ae.jpeg

IMG_2312.thumb.jpeg.92b093510d8c2d8356c92ba9478cb080.jpegIMG_2318.thumb.jpeg.56e48066c327939456d2be85bcacfd4f.jpegIMG_2317.thumb.jpeg.c8c837c5f13863a05ecd3b283023b9d4.jpegIMG_2317.thumb.jpeg.c8c837c5f13863a05ecd3b283023b9d4.jpeg

For bulk sheets and napkins, the laundry uses a school-bus sized, 12-stage washer. 

IMG_2319.jpeg

image002.png

image003.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2