*LIVE* Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean March 31, 2024 – April 7, 2024

21 hours ago, CAKEisgood said:

Thought I saw under classic entree’s a grilled NY strip steak. Maybe I was mistaken?

4 minutes ago, Mlake09 said:

Just wondering if you saw the strip steak?

We're well aware of the gnarly daily strip steak. We're watching the featured (changing) entrees. No beef yet.

• Like 2

Secret Sundecks on busy Caribbean days

Deck 18 Aft, nestled in the body of the serpent in the Laser Tag arena are quiet, private loungers. Use the serpent’s head as an umbrella 

IMG_1115.jpeg

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1117.jpeg

IMG_1118.jpeg

IMG_1116.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

• Haha 1

If reality is too hard to grasp, enter the world of virtual reality in the Galaxy Pavillon. The facility will have an unknown fate during dry dock later this year. Currently, there are no GP packages. It is a straight up $9 a ride. $25 for the Captain’s Quest escape room. 

IMG_1123.jpeg

IMG_1124.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We will see. It’s kinda like moving into someone’s house where they left all of the furniture. 

The old vendor had a handbag shop here, but you don’t have enough merchandise for a dedicated handbag store, but you want to sell beachware, how do you repurpose the handbag displays for sundresses?  

How do you distribute your $1M in jewelry in the old display cases? The old vendor put the high end stuff right at the door, new vendor wants to have an exclusive section in the back,,, using the front cases for cheap stuff that they plan to move quickly,,, giving the store the appearance of being “the place” to go. 

Look forward to seeing the new shops/vendors very soon! Thx

Just wanted to know if the Encore is one of your favorite ships?  I remember your Alaska cruise last sept and I think you’ve cruised on her before?  If so would love to hear Y she’s a favorite.  

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Secret Sundecks on busy Caribbean days

Deck 18 Aft, nestled in the body of the serpent in the Laser Tag arena are quiet, private loungers. Use the serpent’s head as an umbrella 

IMG_1115.jpeg

Hi Bird,

Priceless comment -as one always looking for shade, I admit I could never be as creative as the Bird!

Thanks as always for such an informative rundown on the latest.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

23 hours ago, CAKEisgood said:

Thought I saw under classic entree’s a grilled NY strip steak. Maybe I was mistaken?

2 hours ago, Mlake09 said:

Just wondering if you saw the strip steak? I never order it but wanted to make sure you didn’t miss it if you are thinking of an upcoming trip- I think it’s always offered 🙂

Yes, there is a strip steak on the "classic" menu.  The problem is twofold:

1. If you want to eat beef, it appears your only complimentary MDR option is the strip steak

2. That strip steak is absolutely awful.  It's so bad they have to drown it in an overly salted gravy just to give it some taste. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Look forward to seeing the new shops/vendors very soon! Thx

Tomorrow, I will post the ad for the store opening. They have a previously-loved handbag sale. NCL thrift shop. Hmmmmm. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Interesting they put sun loungers in the laser tag area.  I suppose they have to pick them all up for the nightly games.   I suppose they need more deck space and loungers.

The ship has a capacity of 3996. We are sailing with 4900 passengers. There are passengers stacked in the halls. Every square inch of sunlight has a chair/lounger in it. 

Although the Waterfront and the Thermal Suite don’t feel very busy for those who enjoy some shade. 

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The ship has a capacity of 3996. We are sailing with 4900 passengers. There are passengers stacked in the halls. Every square inch of sunlight has a chair/lounger in it. 

Although the Waterfront and the Thermal Suite don’t feel very busy for those who enjoy some shade. 

Wow. I forgot its peak spring break.

13 hours ago, PATRLR said:

2. That strip steak is absolutely awful.  It's so bad they have to drown it in an overly salted gravy just to give it some taste. 

My experience on The Escape in Feb was the opposite. Strip steak was cooked to my preferred temp and I asked for the sauce on the side, which I didn’t taste because the steak was seasoned perfectly with just salt and pepper. 
maybe ask for the gravy/sauce on the side next time. 

Day 4 was brought to you by Emerald Beach. Even momma chicken has an umbrella and lounger for her and the kids. 

Emerald Beach is a short drive from the port with ample loungers umbrellas. There is good bar and food service on the beach. The sand is soft and the waters calm. 

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1211.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Day 5 - Tortola, British Virgin Islands 

Good Morning Tortola!  

After Taking the slow, long road from the US Virgin Islands to the British Virgin Island, it is a beautiful day in Tortola. 

IMG_1208.jpeg

IMG_1202.jpeg

IMG_1204.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_1206.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2