Disembarking time on port day

Is there a way to find out ahead of time when we can disembark on a port day? We are on oasis in the Mediterranean in June and want to buy ferry ticket on my own from Naples to Capri but it asks you to pick a time. I’d like to go as early as we can. Thanks for any info.

Posted (edited)

I can understand your desire to make the best use of your time but I'd be cautious on shaving this too close.  If your itinerary says you'll be arriving in Naples at 0800, I'd suggest you ought to be off the ship by 0830 and a 0900 ferry ticket would be good.  So, adjust the times according to your scheduled arrival.

Edited by d9704011

I also have questions about this. We are going to be on an upcoming cruise and it has excursions with start times even before the ship is supposed to even dock. I can't understand that. Not taking excursions that day, but want to get off the ship and visit friends and don't know when the ship actually let you off.

Ship excursions sometimes meet onboard in the theater before docking.  Then they take you off the ship in groups.  On small docks this can be important.  If the tour time changes it will show up on your tickets, which should be in your cabin at 1:30.  Not all that unusual for excursions to be cancelled or moved, so check your tickets as soon as you get them.