Flying into Houston Hobby - Shuttle to Galveston

14 minutes ago, Alwayssharpie67 said:

Flying into Houston Hobby for cruise on NCL Prima in February 2025.   What do people do for transportation from the airport to cruise ship port?  TIA

Welcome to CC.  Lots of good transportation info available on the Gulf Coast Departures forum located here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/316-gulf-coast-departures/

• Like 1

For convenience and most times less cost, I opt for one of the two better known services..  Dependent on the number of people in your party, they can be more cost effective than paying for each person using either shuttle.  Unlike shuttles, these better known services will pick me up based on my schedule and take me directly to my hotel in Galveston.  Shuttles have predetermined departure times which may or may not match up with your arrival time.  Additionally, the number of seats on a shuttle are limited.  When the shuttle seats are all reserved, you need to reserve on the next available which could be later in the day.  When you do make it to Galveston, the shuttles drop you off based on where your hotel falls into thedropoff circuit....you could be one of the first dropped off or you could be "taking a tour" of Galveston hotels until your hotel comes up. 

11 minutes ago, jemz1949 said:

For convenience and most times less cost, I opt for one of the two better known services..  Dependent on the number of people in your party, they can be more cost effective than paying for each person using either shuttle.  Unlike shuttles, these better known services will pick me up based on my schedule and take me directly to my hotel in Galveston.  Shuttles have predetermined departure times which may or may not match up with your arrival time.  Additionally, the number of seats on a shuttle are limited.  When the shuttle seats are all reserved, you need to reserve on the next available which could be later in the day.  When you do make it to Galveston, the shuttles drop you off based on where your hotel falls into thedropoff circuit....you could be one of the first dropped off or you could be "taking a tour" of Galveston hotels until your hotel comes up. 

You can say Lyft and Uber here. 

If you search the internet for shuttle from Hobby airport to port of Galveston you will find a few companies that offer shared transport. Compare prices and check reviews, you will find a reliable transfer shuttle. We use one last year, about $30 pp, service was good.