Celebration Eastern vs southern Caribbean

We are looking to book the carnival

celebration and are torn between the Eastern ( Turks and Caicos, Nassau, and amber cove) OR the ABC islands ( Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao). I don’t care much for Nassau as we have been there plenty of times. Turks I am super excited for and Amber cove I’m on the fence as it kind of looks like just a resort pool Day? I have heard though that there is a nice waterfall excursion so that might be a good plan for that day. Now the ABC islands I have also heard is a very nice itinerary. Any advice? TIA 

Are people recommending ABC mostly because it’s better beaches or can you recommend any specific excursions for ABC?  we are going with two teenagers so they are looking for fun. Adrenaline types of activities, not just laying on the beach. I’m still trying to decide which itinerary to take and then will start researching the excursions but just wondering why so many people lean towards the ABC islands

• Like 2

Just now, Grisel1437 said:

Are people recommending ABC mostly because it’s better beaches or can you recommend any specific excursions for ABC?  we are going with two teenagers so they are looking for fun. Adrenaline types of activities, not just laying on the beach. I’m still trying to decide which itinerary to take and then will start researching the excursions but just wondering why so many people lean towards the ABC islands

You need to ask specific questions if you want specific advice otherwise you will get emotional answers. Most cruisers who have been to ABC would pick them over any other Caribbean destination, unless they had something very specific in mind for that cruise. Example, if I wanted to hike through a rainforest an ABC cruise would not be my first pick probably.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You need to ask specific questions if you want specific advice otherwise you will get emotional answers. Most cruisers who have been to ABC would pick them over any other Caribbean destination, unless they had something very specific in mind for that cruise. Example, if I wanted to hike through a rainforest an ABC cruise would not be my first pick probably.

I’m not asking specific questions because I honestly don’t even know what kind of activities we specifically want to do. I just don’t want to go to the ABC islands if all there is to do there is lay on a beach.  I mean I love the Caribbean beaches that’s what I would want personally out of a Caribbean cruise, but I am trying to take into consideration what everyone in our party wants to do. So beaches some days would be great but another day more activities would also be nice so everyone can have some thing they enjoy. what I mean by activities are like maybe going on a jeep excursion around the island, Zip lining etc. again I haven’t started my research so I just stated this in case somebody that read it could contribute to a nice excursion that they had there and would recommend. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Grisel1437 said:

I’m not asking specific questions because I honestly don’t even know what kind of activities we specifically want to do. I just don’t want to go to the ABC islands if all there is to do there is lay on a beach.  I mean I love the Caribbean beaches that’s what I would want personally out of a Caribbean cruise, but I am trying to take into consideration what everyone in our party wants to do. So beaches some days would be great but another day more activities would also be nice so everyone can have some thing they enjoy. what I mean by activities are like maybe going on a jeep excursion around the island, Zip lining etc. again I haven’t started my research so I just stated this in case somebody that read it could contribute to a nice excursion that they had there and would recommend. 

We have no idea what your traveling party likes to do. We aren't psychics.

Lots of info on this website under the ports of call section where you can see things to do at each stop. There's something for everybody at each of these stops for the most part no matter which itinerary you choose.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nassau has great beaches (Saunders, etc) but require a longish taxi ride. 

Amber Cove is a lazy pool day (unless you book the waterfalls).

Grand Turk has great SCUBA diving and is pretty much a beach (or pool) day. 

Edited by Theosprey247
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

I think Aruba has better beaches than Nassau (which would be on the absolute bottom of my list, for many reasons).

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

I think Aruba has better beaches than Nassau (which would be on the absolute bottom of my list, for many reasons.

No doubt about it. Most people only know of Junkanoo or Cabbage beach in Nassau. I was just pointing out that if you go off the beaten path you can find nice beaches in Nassau. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Why are you excited about GT?  For me ABC is a clear cut winner.

I’ve just heard they have really nice beaches. But if ABC has nicer ones than it’s a done deal lol

21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

We have no idea what your traveling party likes to do. We aren't psychics.

Lots of info on this website under the ports of call section where you can see things to do at each stop. There's something for everybody at each of these stops for the most part no matter which itinerary you choose.

Wow jeesh!!! You come across a bit intense! I thought I would just start off with more of a general post question. That’s all! Good day to you and thanks for your insight.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

Ok

thanks! So basically that is exactly what I was thinking about this itinerary. But was making sure I wasn’t missing anything. Looks like ABC is the sure winner here! 

19 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I think Aruba has better beaches than Nassau (which would be on the absolute bottom of my list, for many reasons).

Yes Nassau is definitely on the bottom of my list. Feels like a waste of a stop for me lol

Just now, Grisel1437 said:

Wow jeesh!!! You come across a bit intense! I thought I would just start off with more of a general post question. That’s all! Good day to you and thanks for your insight.

Your questions are exactly what good travel agents do so well. You would do well to spend an afternoon looking around for a good cruise travel agent who can advise you on things like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

Your questions are exactly what good travel agents do so well. You would do well to spend an afternoon looking around for a good cruise travel agent who can advise you on things like this.

I’m sorry but I thought that was exactly what this board was for??? And I do have a travel Agent btw. Im just confused as to your attitude and approach. If you don’t like my questions for whatever reason ( I’m not specific enough, I’m making you read my mind like a psychic, I should be asking a travel agent) jeesh! Just scroll on by and don’t reply to me! It’s that simple! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Grisel1437 said:

I’ve just heard they have really nice beaches. But if ABC has nicer ones than it’s a done deal lol

well.....the beaches look great on GT (in the dock area) but pretty rocky.  You have to go further to get to them in Aruba, and there will always be a breeze, but from a beach perspective (and going into the water) better.  For future reference HMC has the best beach we have been to on a cruise, and while slightly off topic, the best beaches we have ever Benn to in the Caribbean (not on a cruise) is Anguilla (tuck that away for future reference.).

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

well.....the beaches look great on GT (in the dock area) but pretty rocky.  You have to go further to get to them in Aruba, and there will always be a breeze, but from a beach perspective (and going into the water) better.  For future reference HMC has the best beach we have been to on a cruise, and while slightly off topic, the best beaches we have ever Benn to in the Caribbean (not on a cruise) is Anguilla (tuck that away for future reference.).

Oh really!!? So Turks has a lot of rocky beaches? Not good then. And what is HMC? 

Edited by Grisel1437

29 minutes ago, Grisel1437 said:

Yes Nassau is definitely on the bottom of my list. Feels like a waste of a stop for me lol

Well.....if you have never been, there are plenty of nice things to do there.  Been there a TON (only outdone by Cozumel, been there 16 times on a cruise ship).  Great sail in a sail out also, and there would most def be a lot of other ships there (might be a plus or minus).  If it were me and you picked this itin, I would get off.

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Well.....if you have never been, there are plenty of nice things to do there.  Been there a TON (only outdone by Cozumel, been there 16 times on a cruise ship).  Great sail in a sail out also, and there would most def be a lot of other ships there (might be a plus or minus).  If it were me and you picked this itin, I would get off.

Yes I’ve actually been to Nassau several times on cruise ships, that’s why not really excited about it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grisel1437 said:

Oh really!!? So Turks has a lot of rocky beaches? Not good then. And what is HMC? 

Half Moon Cay, one of Carnival Corps sister companies Holland America Line (HAL) owns it.  Tender only port (for now), possibly building a pier....  google it for pics.  

• Like 1