Any perks for booking future cruise while onboard ?

George C

Extra OBC, lower deposit (non-refundable), and double points are the main ones. There is also a price guarantee so that if the price drops before final payment, you can get the price adjusted. This does actually work, as we did it when the price dropped on one of our sailings, but a lot of the general MSC reps will tell you there is no such thing and you might have to escalate it and provide proof, so save the info you receive with your booking.

• Like 2

Jamie mentioned a lower deposit.  I believe the non-refundable YC deposit is not lower - it's $199 per person.  I've attached the Future Cruise Booking Terms and Conditions that I received in February (which addresses the price guarantee).

FCC BTC.pdf

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jcpc said:

Jamie mentioned a lower deposit.  I believe the non-refundable YC deposit is not lower - it's $199 per person.  I've attached the Future Cruise Booking Terms and Conditions that I received in February (which addresses the price guarantee).

FCC BTC.pdf 108.85 kB · 1 download

I've never booked YC, so you are probably right.

If you book onboard and get the additional on board credit and immediately have your booking transferred to your usual travel agency,  would you expect to get the OBC that your travel agency offers also?

Hi friend,

If you book onboard as an example you will get the OBC that you would normally get plus we received and additional 200 Euros.

So our 15 day November cruise on the MSC Virtuosa netted us 400 U.S. Dollar OBC plus the additional 200 Euro OBC that we would not have received if we booked through MSC USA like we usually do. 

In addition you get tremendous flexibility as you can move to a different cruise as many times as you need PRIOR to making the final payment at which time you are required to stay with that cruise. 

In addition as mentioned you get the price guarantee and double points.

All in all a very good deal in my opinion and worth taking!

Happy Sailing.  

19 hours ago, Pat said:

If you book onboard and get the additional on board credit and immediately have your booking transferred to your usual travel agency,  would you expect to get the OBC that your travel agency offers also?

Yes, my travel agent still gave me her onboard credit.  And I didn't have to "transfer" the booking to my agent.  When I booked onboard, the booking system had the information about my travel agent already loaded and the booking automatically went to her (unless, of course, I told the Future Cruise Rep that I did not want to use that particular travel agent again......which I did not!)

• Like 2