Cabin Plug Ins and USB Outlets- Norwegian Encore

Hello

I'll be sailing on the Norwegian Encore and wondering if anyone knows if there are plugs in the bathroom for hair blowers. Also, what's the plug situation in the cabins. Do they have USB ports for cell phones? Or do I need to buy a non surge protected power strip?

Thank You!

Ask on the NCL board here.  There will not be a plug for a hairdryer in any ship bathroom.  Likely there is a hairdryer in a drawer at the desk.  EM

3 hours ago, nat4crim said:

Thank you, I'm new to this forum and I tried finding an NCL board but wasn't successful. Will try again.

No plugs in the bathroom for a hairdryer (on any ship I have been on). There are multiple plugs near the desk area and a mirror so easy to dry hair there (also a hairdryer provided but I know some people like to bring their own). USB ports are near the bed. If you watch a couple of YouTube videos on the Encore cabin type you are in, you can see them all.

• Like 1

@nat4crim  As a generalized guide, you can look at the reply to Q on the Viva/Prima's stateroom setup - it's very similar if not identical to the slightly "older" Encore.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3001288-primaviva-outlets-and-cpaps/?do=findComment&comment=67188899

There is only a 3A outlet in the bathroom for shaver use only, nothing for hairdryer ... which is commonly located under the desk/next to the refrigerator, it's over 1,200 watts on 220V, there is no need to bring your own hairdryer.  Ships have USB outlets in the cabin but they are under-powered and rated at 1.5 amp max output, will recharge very slowly if at all ... best to bring your own 2A+ USB-C and USB-A chargers to use accordingly.  

17 hours ago, nat4crim said:

Hello

I'll be sailing on the Norwegian Encore and wondering if anyone knows if there are plugs in the bathroom for hair blowers. Also, what's the plug situation in the cabins. Do they have USB ports for cell phones? Or do I need to buy a non surge protected power strip?

Thank You!

We sailed on the Encore last month and there was a hairdryer under the desk, though my wife said it was weak it was usable. 

There was a USB port on each of the wall lights on the side of the bed. I brought a plug in 30w adapter to charge multiple things at once faster. Overall there were plenty of plugs for two adults and our corresponding electronics (2 phones, 2 apple watches and gopro battery charger)