New Survey - SS credit card

Lonedaddy

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

YES Silversea.  I have used it and got the 3%.  It isn't restricted to a named list of cruise lines (like Amex Cruise Privileges); as long as it's coded in one of the travel categories you get the 3%.

Thanks.  Its my understanding that the AMEXP travel insurance ($10K) is only valid if the entire trip is booked on AMEX.  Is that your understanding?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Thanks.  Its my understanding that the AMEXP travel insurance ($10K) is only valid if the entire trip is booked on AMEX.  Is that your understanding?

Don't know.  I never rely on credit card insurance, always buy a comprehensive travel insurance policy for each trip.  [Had to use it once to cancel for medical reasons, and with advancing age that becomes ever more possible.]

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Don't know.  I never rely on credit card insurance, always buy a comprehensive travel insurance policy for each trip.  [Had to use it once to cancel for medical reasons, and with advancing age that becomes ever more possible.]

I do too but reduce it by the 10k.  Is that not a good idea?  My understanding is that you don't need to insure the entire trip.

7 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I do too but reduce it by the 10k.  Is that not a good idea?  My understanding is that you don't need to insure the entire trip.

Trip Insurance is actually very complicated and the policies vary widely so there's no simple answer.  Some companies don't require you to insure the entire trip, others do.  Call Steve at tripinsurancestore and he will educate you on the best options for your particular trip [the two times I've called him, the best policy was different each time – and he explained exactly why].

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2024 at 2:59 PM, Tothesunset said:

Was the email issued 2 days ago, perchance? 

Around the start of the spaghetti harvest? 

Yes, I believe so and just at the end of the Snow Harvest Festival here in New England.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Trip Insurance is actually very complicated and the policies vary widely so there's no simple answer.  Some companies don't require you to insure the entire trip, others do.  Call Steve at tripinsurancestore and he will educate you on the best options for your particular trip [the two times I've called him, the best policy was different each time – and he explained exactly why].

Agree about Steve and his help. Invaluable.

Not sure if this card is being targeted outside of US or in other currencies, but it wouldn't work so well for non $ cardholders with visa's currency conversion charges (my usual card for travel costs has a zero fee for foreign currency transactions). And as has been mentioned above, travel insurance or other benefits from mainstream cards makes trader-branded credit cards unappealing to me.