Recommend coverage for missed ports of call

Just a heads up, Allianz Travel Insurance DOES NOT cover missed ports of call. I am livid. I have them for an upcoming sailing and I am outside of the cancellation window for the policy. Had I known this coverage was not included I would have never purchased the coverage. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that offers this coverage for my other upcoming sailings?

I'm not aware of one anymore. I know Nationwide was one but that stopped also.

Maybe someone else is aware of a company that still does.

Then again, maybe I'm not understanding what it is you want coverage for. Just the fact that the ship doesn't stop at a scheduled port.  Or you're looking for coverage for a non-refundable deposit you place on an independent excursion that you may not be able to take when the ship can't stop at a scheduled port.

8 hours ago, bdever said:

Just a heads up, Allianz Travel Insurance DOES NOT cover missed ports of call. I am livid. I have them for an upcoming sailing and I am outside of the cancellation window for the policy. Had I known this coverage was not included I would have never purchased the coverage. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that offers this coverage for my other upcoming sailings?

Hi bdever,

I don't offer Allianz for various reasons, and not many other plans will pay you if a ship misses a port of call.

There can still be Trip Interruption coverage, so what exact financial loss would you have if your upcoming cruise missed a port?

Steve Dasseos

1 hour ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi bdever,

I don't offer Allianz for various reasons, and not many other plans will pay you if a ship misses a port of call.

There can still be Trip Interruption coverage, so what exact financial loss would you have if your upcoming cruise missed a port?

Steve Dasseos

Hi Steve,

I see Travel Guard / AIG and Berkshire Hathaway both offer missed port coverage. I heard Nationwide does too but I haven’t confirmed Nationwide yet. Of these 3 carriers which one would you recommend and why?

10 hours ago, bdever said:

Hi Steve,

I see Travel Guard / AIG and Berkshire Hathaway both offer missed port coverage. I heard Nationwide does too but I haven’t confirmed Nationwide yet. Of these 3 carriers which one would you recommend and why?

Hi bdever,

I offer Travel Guard / AIG and Berkshire Hathaway. Berkshire Hathaway's good but sometimes their prices are too high.

The Travel Guard Preferred Plan for many States reimburses a maximum of $250 per person for missing a port. It's a good plan, but, in some States, this is more expensive than the other choices.

You may see the Travel Guard Preferred plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-guard-preferred/

I hope this helps you.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi bdever,

I offer Travel Guard / AIG and Berkshire Hathaway. Berkshire Hathaway's good but sometimes their prices are too high.

The Travel Guard Preferred Plan for many States reimburses a maximum of $250 per person for missing a port. It's a good plan, but, in some States, this is more expensive than the other choices.

You may see the Travel Guard Preferred plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-guard-preferred/

I hope this helps you.

Steve Dasseos

The BH WaveCare quote came in at $243 which isn’t bad while TG AIG Deluxe came to $173. 
Which one as far as coverage is ideal?

3 minutes ago, bdever said:

The BH WaveCare quote came in at $243 which isn’t bad while TG AIG Deluxe came to $173. 
Which one as far as coverage is ideal?

Hi bdever,

I can't say without knowing the exact details of your trip and what you need. It's best if you call each if the companies and ask.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 3:32 PM, bdever said:

I'm still not sure what are you insuring?  Have you incurred a financial loss due to a missed port?  

Are you just angry?

It's not uncommon for ports to be changed.  Your contract with the cruise line gives them this right. Most local tour companies don't charge you if your ship misses the port.

Edited by CruisingAlong4Now
  • Like 2