Princess Cruises Alaska Cruisetour Breakfast

My apologies in advance as I can't figure out how to post under Princess - Alaska.  Any advice on how to do that for the future would be appreciate.  We took a Princess Alaska Cruise many years ago and I know things have changed.  Is breakfast included on the cruisetour portion?  

Here's the CC Alaska forum.  There's no separate forum just for Princess Alaska. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/33-alaska/

Breakfast is included in the Connoisseur land cruisetour, not the other tours.  You can purchase a meal plan separately if you want. 

Here's more information from the Princess website.  

https://www.princess.com/en-us/faq/cruisetours

Here's the info on the separate meal plan if you don't book the Connoisseur option.

2024-alaska-meal-plan-flyer.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Here's the CC Alaska forum.  There's no separate forum just for Princess Alaska. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/33-alaska/

Thank you for responding about the meal plan info...that's new for us, but we prefer dining flexibility.  We booked "Off The Beaten Path" so no breakfast for us! 

Do you happen to know how I can find out more details about the cruisetours travel times between lodges? As I was booking with my TA, they mentioned the travel between Denali and Copper River was 9 hours by coach 😝.  Again - thanks!

Edited by shirazcruiser

3 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you for responding about the meal plan info...that's new for us, but we prefer dining flexibility.  We booked "Off The Beaten Path" so no breakfast for us!  Again - thanks!

You're welcome!  We are also doing the Off the Beaten Path next month (last week of May/first week of June) and also plan to pay as we go.  We aren't big breakfast eaters, and lunch is included in a few of our activities, so we decided to pay for evening meals as we go.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

You're welcome!   

Do you happen to know how I can find out more details about the cruisetours travel times between lodges? As I was booking with my TA, they mentioned the travel between Denali and Copper River was 9 hours by coach 😝.

It looks like you're doing the 13-day cruisetour. Yes, you will have one long bus day but Copper River is worth it! The bus stops several times, so you're not sitting the whole time, and you'll get to see a lot of the Alaska interior -- you may even get to go from spring to winter and back to spring on the way! 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Do you happen to know how I can find out more details about the cruisetours travel times between lodges? As I was booking with my TA, they mentioned the travel between Denali and Copper River was 9 hours by coach 😝.

My Travel Summary lists all the transportation details. If you've already booked log into the Princess site and download your Travel Summary PDF document.

If you haven't booked yet I believe you can see sample itineraries on the Princess website. 

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

My Travel Summary lists all the transportation details. If you've already booked log into the Princess site and download your Travel Summary.  

Thank you - I just pulled up my travel summary and it's there. We're now going to reconsider that cruisetour...9 hours with rest stops & lunch is a long day.  The travel from Copper River to Kenai is also 9 hours.  As we're getting a little older and having been on 3 Alaska cruises....we'll look at another tour with shorter travel times. The train is long, but worth it and relaxing. 

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you - I just pulled up my travel summary and it's there. We're now going to reconsider that cruisetour...9 hours with rest stops & lunch is a long day.  The travel from Copper River to Kenai is also 9 hours.  As we're getting a little older and having been on 3 Alaska cruises....we'll look at another tour with shorter travel times. The train is long, but worth it and relaxing. 

I did the Off the Beaten Path tour with the 9 hours between Denali and Copper River and it was fab.. Loved it! Beautiful scenery, lots of stops, lunch was tasty, it was well worth it - to me. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.. 

YMMV. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Our Off the Beaten Path tour doesn't go to Copper River -- ours is Fairbanks, Denali, McKinley, and Kenai.  Our longest travel day shows 7.5 hours and that includes a 2 hour stop in Anchorage for lunch on our own.  I thought about doing the one that stopped at Copper River but decided it was a little 'too' off the beaten path for us 🙂  We've been to Alaska on a cruise before too, but really wanted to see more of the interior and go to Kenai Fjords National Park.  We're very independent travelers but after pricing everything out, the cruisetour seemed reasonable when we factored in the convenience.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Our Off the Beaten Path tour doesn't go to Copper River -- ours is Fairbanks, Denali, McKinley, and Kenai.  Our longest travel day shows 7.5 hours and that includes a 2 hour stop in Anchorage for lunch on our own.  I thought about doing the one that stopped at Copper River but decided it was a little 'too' off the beaten path for us 🙂  We've been to Alaska on a cruise before too, but really wanted to see more of the interior and go to Kenai Fjords National Park.  We're very independent travelers but after pricing everything out, the cruisetour seemed reasonable when we factored in the convenience.  

We’re on the 15 night Off the Beaten Path starting in Anchorage with 1 Mt McKinley, 2 Denali, 2 Copper and 2 Kenai. This will be our 2nd cruisetour out of 4 Alaska cruises. I think I’ll look at some that leave out of Fairbanks since the flight is about the same and the cruisetour travel is less. DH is in his mid-70’s and after almost 50 cruises, he doesn’t like long tour days anymore. We’ve done a lot of port intensive cruises especially in Europe and he wants more relaxation. I’m glad he still cruises and I want him to enjoy it. 

• Like 1