Blacklane

Archipelago

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mklions said:

Thank you for all the replies.

Thankfully the good people on this forum have come back to us with the answers to our taxi transfer questions.

-----

More clarity is needed when Silversea send over the Blacklane transfers and I hark back to my original gripe, that if you could speak to someone rather than an unhelpful and unknowledgeable chat line person it would be far much better.

Thanks again to all!

@mklions  Did you see the Blacklane UK phone number I put in a post a few above this? Maybe would solve those problems rather than the webchat?! 

Edited by RetiredOnVacation

6 hours ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

@mklions  Did you see the Blacklane UK phone number I put in a post a few above this? Maybe would solve those problems rather than the webchat?! 

Some months back I rang Blacklane's UK number as given to me by Silversea.  I just wanted a quote, a sort of dry-run.   She asked which town I was in.  She seemed very officious.  I told her the name of our local town.  She said that was not in her system.  So I said I am in the United Kingdom,  She said they did not have that town listed.  I asked here where she was. She said Singapore.  

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Update on my situation with D2D Blacklane . I believe in posting when something good happens as well as something that has failed . I just received a reimbursement from Blacklane for all of my expenses for my failed voyage on the Nova . I also got a really nice note from Silversea and they have also given me a cruise credit for my whole trip . That was with the help of my TA and was unexpected and very much appreciated . It took me about 24 hours to find a great voyage and I have booked that for next April . Silversea stepped up to the plate and so did Blacklane . I will get my own transfers now though . This was the best outcome and I am thankful to SS and to Blacklane as well as my TA . Oh .. I also got a nice gift basket of chocolates from one of these entities but there was no card in it .. Just addressed to Mr. and my last name !  🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archipelago said:

Update on my situation with D2D Blacklane . I believe in posting when something good happens as well as something that has failed . I just received a reimbursement from Blacklane for all of my expenses for my failed voyage on the Nova . I also got a really nice note from Silversea and they have also given me a cruise credit for my whole trip . That was with the help of my TA and was unexpected and very much appreciated . It took me about 24 hours to find a great voyage and I have booked that for next April . Silversea stepped up to the plate and so did Blacklane . I will get my own transfers now though . This was the best outcome and I am thankful to SS and to Blacklane as well as my TA . Oh .. I also got a nice gift basket of chocolates from one of these entities but there was no card in it .. Just addressed to Mr. and my last name !  🙂

WOW!

On 4/9/2024 at 4:28 PM, mklions said:

I spent a whole of last Saturday morning sorting out my issues with Blacklane. I live 47.9 miles away from Heathrow airport. 

When I booked the transfers with Blacklane using their website link (sent over via Silversea ) they registered my milage as 61 miles and provided me with an additional cost of £33 each way ( £66 for the home and return journey).

The problem with Blacklane in the UK is you cannot talk to anyone direct by telephone, you have to use their online chat service.

I decided to use this chat service and got into a semi heated discussion with this very arrogant and unhelpful person.

Apparently their computer calculations on the milage is all that matters and if it doesn't pick up a shorter route so be it.

I had exactly the same issue with them on the 2 return bookings made. The problem is down to them not having an option for T5 at Heathrow and instead use the furthest point they could use. I am 51.1m and they put it down as 56.5m. (You have an allowance of 52m). It took probably a dozen calls numerous emails to finally get them to admit their mapping and charging system was wrong and the £33 each way they were adding to my bill get removed. You would have though they would have learned their lesson on the next booking, but they did the same again. Clearly no intention of not overcharging unless you notice and challenge. They did agree once again to "remove the charge as a goodwill gesture". I'd prefer a them to acknowledge it would be fraud not to. While I was away on my last trip 2 months ago, I noticed there was an odd charge on my credit card and reference to being a wait charge. When I got home, I checked my CCTV time stamp and sent them photos of the car arriving 5 minutes early with us departing inside the vehicle before our schedule pick up. We left the house within a minute of his arrival. I also suggested if they really were sticking with that claim, they need to speak to the driver who appeared to have an average speed for the entire journey above the national speed limit. I got the usual "goodwill gesture" response.

I most certainly would never chose to use Blacklane and agree with your views on them as an organisation.

I had spotted the SS "not our fault if you miss your flight and cruise", but frankly I don't think they would get away with that in a UK court and is once again something I really dislike about D2D particularly if you cannot take ownership.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, les37b said:

I had spotted the SS "not our fault if you miss your flight and cruise", but frankly I don't think they would get away with that in a UK court and is once again something I really dislike about D2D particularly if you cannot take ownership.

I’ve wondered about this previously. Certainly within the Uk and the EU they would be fully liable if any part of the service failed or caused a loss under the package travel and linked arrangements act 2018 and wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. It’s such a shame that they can’t find a better partner. Emirates seem to have it off to a tee with their partners. SS need to play hardball with Blacklane, who in turn need to play hardball with their service providers. Tighten up those contracts and if that driver just  chooses not to turn up then he’s paying for all consequential losses. Blacklane fail to provide the service then they’re paying. That would sort the wheat from the chaff. Get the contracts right and you don’t need to absolve yourself of any responsibility for not providing a service that has been paid for as part of a “luxury” package. 

Edited by DavyWavey70
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I’ve wondered about this previously. Certainly within the Uk and the EU they would be fully liable if any part of the service failed or caused a loss under the package travel and linked arrangements act 2018 and wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. It’s such a shame that they can’t find a better partner. Emirates seem to have it off to a tee with their partners. SS need to play hardball with Blacklane, who in turn need to play hardball with their service providers. Tighten up those contracts and if that driver just  chooses not to turn up then he’s paying for all consequential losses. Blacklane fail to provide the service then they’re paying. That would sort the wheat from the chaff. Get the contracts right and you don’t need to absolve yourself of any responsibility for not providing a service that has been paid for as part of a “luxury” package. 

The fact they are proving this service and part of their price which is included in your fare paid direct to SS, I can’t see how they could ever consider suggesting “tough luck buster”, nothing to do with us. Is a luxury line honestly saying you need to book another service just in case Blavklane don’t arrive?

Fair enough if you missed your flight and cruise because you used your own means (and making it a claim off your insurance company if you had cover for whatever the reason was.) 

They can put whatever they like in their small print, but they can’t trump consumer law. I suspect in the US they can get away with it, but not in countries where consumers are afforded protection.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:28 AM, mklions said:

I spent a whole of last Saturday morning sorting out my issues with Blacklane. I live 47.9 miles away from Heathrow airport. 

When I booked the transfers with Blacklane using their website link (sent over via Silversea ) they registered my milage as 61 miles and provided me with an additional cost of £33 each way ( £66 for the home and return journey).

The problem with Blacklane in the UK is you cannot talk to anyone direct by telephone, you have to use their online chat service.

I decided to use this chat service and got into a semi heated discussion with this very arrogant and unhelpful person.

Apparently their computer calculations on the milage is all that matters and if it doesn't pick up a shorter route so be it.

In the end I took a google screen shot of the route I always take and attached it to our conversation, too prove the distance.

The person went away and apparently (after I threatened to contact Silversea customer services) spoke to her manager and it was agreed to waiver the additional charges.

I still had to pay for the excess milage to proceed with the booking, but have been told these costs will be refunded. 

I still await the refund.

IMO, Silversea should arrange the transfers on our behalf and not expect the customer to do so.

i

To add insult to injury, I could not book the additional taxi transfers when we arrive on our cruise in Dakar next month as Blacklane do not service Senegal. 

So I will need to get back in touch with Silversea to find out these transfer arrangements .

Door to door NO MORE!!!

I believe that Blacklane uses Google Maps.  It will be booked based on the fastest, not shortest, route.  However, recently on the way to the airport, we were diverted due to road construction which took us out of the way about 10 miles but took 45 mins extra.  There was no additional charge.  We are lucky we live about 2 miles beyond the 50-mile gratis.  When we have an early morning flight, we always choose to travel and stay at a hotel near the airport and take their shuttle bus the next morning.  Blacklane doesn't care where you want to go and they have dropped us numerous times at a hotel within the 50 mi limit without issue, so it's something to consider.

• Like 1