Brilliant Lady in Astoria Oregon 2026

7 hours ago, aviators99 said:

Hope it's going to Alaska!

I haven't found her listed in any ports in Alaska or Vancouver just yet. But they don't have many ships listed for 2026 so far.

5 hours ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I haven't found her listed in any ports in Alaska or Vancouver just yet. But they don't have many ships listed for 2026 so far.

Personally, I think they'll do Mexican Riviera sailings first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Personally, I think they'll do Mexican Riviera sailings first.

I think you're right. I would guess that they may do a brief Caribbean stint followed by a full transit through the Panama Canal to finish up with the Mexican Riviera. Rather then Alaska they may even opt to do Hawaii following Mexico. That would be a nice trip. 

On 4/9/2024 at 5:45 AM, Wildcatllamas said:

There was a news piece last night that said Juneau is trying to limit cruise ships beginning in 2026 and particularly wants to reduce Saturday cruise traffic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

There was a news piece last night that said Juneau is trying to limit cruise ships beginning in 2026 and particularly wants to reduce Saturday cruise traffic.

You can't really blame them. So many cruise ports are starting to look at the mega ships with 3 - 5 thousand people and if you have several of them there what does it do to the way of life for the folks who live there. I was just reading that NCL is modifying their private island's pier so that two of their proposed mega ships with 5000 folks apiece can dock there at the same time. I don't think I would want to spend my time on a small private island with 10,000 people, many of them kids. 

When I was in Fairbanks back in February it was nice to talk with the locals. They like the quiet time when the cruises aren't doing all their tours up to there. Many people don't realize who fragile the environment is up there and don't appreciate the beauty for what it is. Folks who can't understand why they couldn't see Denali because of the clouds and weather and things like that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I was just reading that NCL is modifying their private island's pier so that two of their proposed mega ships with 5000 folks apiece can dock there at the same time. I don't think I would want to spend my time on a small private island with 10,000 people, many of them kids. 

I wouldn't want to spend my time on a ship with 5000 people, let alone a small island with 10,000.

• Like 2