Parking at San Pedro cruise terminal

Anyone who has recently parked for duration of cruise in the Berth 92, 93 parking lot - can you tell me if you pay in advance (seems strange to do that) or upon dusembarkation and departure from the parking lot.  We have always paid via credit card at disembarkation, but thought I read recently that there had been a change in this procedure, but can not find it on this board.  Thanks in advance.

Last month we sailed and parked. You pay on your way out. On your way in they don't know what to charge you.If you go over a 24 hour period you might have to pay for an extra day. As an example... if you enter at 8 am and check out 7 days later at 10am you would owe an extra day. Using a charge card is the fastest and easiest way out.

Parking at San Pedro is very easy. You can line up and drop your bags off with a porter, then go park your car. It's a huge lot - generally plenty of spaces available. You are charged at the exit gate on departure and it is easier to use a credit card - it's an automated system where you put the ticket in the machine and then pay with your card - although there is always an attendant there to help, so I imagine you could possibly use cash, but who would want to do that these days? 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, karatemom2 said:

Parking at San Pedro is very easy. You can line up and drop your bags off with a porter, then go park your car. It's a huge lot - generally plenty of spaces available. You are charged at the exit gate on departure and it is easier to use a credit card - it's an automated system where you put the ticket in the machine and then pay with your card - although there is always an attendant there to help, so I imagine you could possibly use cash, but who would want to do that these days? 

There are machines near Berth 93 where you could pay on your way out to your car. But the last couple times we parked there, these machines were not working so we had to pay at the exit gate. Does anyone know whether or not they are still broken?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OccasionalSanta said:

There are machines near Berth 93 where you could pay on your way out to your car. But the last couple times we parked there, these machines were not working so we had to pay at the exit gate. Does anyone know whether or not they are still broken?

I haven't ever noticed these before - we always pay at the gate. I will have to look for them next time we are there. We have been going out of 92 our last few cruises and I haven't seen anything similar there. Good to know they exist.

Edited by karatemom2

17 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

I haven't ever noticed these before - we always pay at the gate. I will have to look for them next time we are there. We have been going out of 92 our last few cruises and I haven't seen anything similar there. Good to know they exist.

If they still exist (and are working) they're near the area circled in red below. Unless you happen to park near them, they are only convenient if you are arriving at Berth 93 since you'd have to walk  around the Y-shaped ramp to get there from Berth 92.

image.png.9be9b239f39f11d0e7c5e813c084692b.png

• Like 1