Allura - Big increase in fares in 2026

MarkWiltonM

I just checked price of June 2026 cruise on Vista similar to cruise we are booked for June 2025.

12 nights from London to London in June 2025 starts at $6,699 CAD. Similar cruise in June 2026 (Barcelona to London) starts at $6,949, 3.7% increase. I believe the increase is higher at most other lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2024 at 10:46 AM, ak1004 said:

I just checked price of June 2026 cruise on Vista similar to cruise we are booked for June 2025.

12 nights from London to London in June 2025 starts at $6,699 CAD. Similar cruise in June 2026 (Barcelona to London) starts at $6,949, 3.7% increase. I believe the increase is higher at most other lines.

Checked these two cruises from a USD comparison and about same change. 4899 vs 5099 so a 4.1% increase and the shore excursion credits are same for both at $600. 

On 4/11/2024 at 12:33 PM, MEFIowa said:

11/27/24 Marina 10 nights in the E. Caribbean. Miami to Miami. $2999 veranda (no airfare) or $2199 inside stateroom (no airfare).

We booked this while on Sirena, a while back. We got a B3 veranda for $2,199. That was before Simply More's inclusions but we don't drink and we don't care much about excursions in the Caribbean so we aren't missing anything. We also got pre-paid gratuities because our TA is a Cruise Connoisseur Club member. That B3 now is priced at $3,099. ($1,800 more for two!) But the fares on other cruise lines seem to be going up just as much and just as fast. We also have an Allura cruise that we booked last September and that's gone up as well, but not as much as the Marina cruise. 

Edited by MarkWiltonM

During Covid governments started handing out free money to people, especially in the USA. We are pumping millions of dollars out to people and not asking them to work for it. This causes inflation. Costs of everything are going up, and will continue to go up for the next couple of years until we put the kibosh on the free money. So yes, all travel expenses: cruises, hotels, flights, etc. will also be rising.

The companies aren't taking advantage of you, they are simply trying to keep up with the rising costs, the same way you are with your household budgets.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, halfapair said:

During Covid governments started handing out free money to people, especially in the USA. We are pumping millions of dollars out to people and not asking them to work for it. This causes inflation. Costs of everything are going up, and will continue to go up for the next couple of years until we put the kibosh on the free money. So yes, all travel expenses: cruises, hotels, flights, etc. will also be rising.

The companies aren't taking advantage of you, they are simply trying to keep up with the rising costs, the same way you are with your household budgets.

But there is spare money to order new ships…….plus past is the past regarding that. 

On 4/14/2024 at 9:46 AM, ak1004 said:

Not a similar cruise.

The missing link for O cruisers is port fees. Barcelona, Venice, Dubrovnik, etc., have been both drastically reducing the number of cruise passengers ( thus ships) allowed, but likewise drastically increasing port fees for those ships that do make it in. While labor, food, and fuel costs have all increased; it’s a worthless exercise to compare cruise prices without including port fees.

Recenting read a cruise industry rag talking about this issue. Those of us signing up for cruises two (2) plus years in advance may find ourselves more and more disappointed as many of the ports opt to reduce ship visits. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Not a similar cruise.

The missing link for O cruisers is port fees. Barcelona, Venice, Dubrovnik, etc., have been both drastically reducing the number of cruise passengers ( thus ships) allowed, but likewise drastically increasing port fees for those ships that do make it in. While labor, food, and fuel costs have all increased; it’s a worthless exercise to compare cruise prices without including port fees.

Recenting read a cruise industry rag talking about this issue. Those of us signing up for cruises two (2) plus years in advance may find ourselves more and more disappointed as many of the ports opt to reduce ship visits. 

I understand about port fees, but the cruises I compared are very similar. Same period, same region, both have overnight in Bordeaux plus Saint Malo, Brest and Paris. So considering the fact the port fees have increased, you would expect even higher price increase than 3.7% increase.