Disembarkation Times

Gourmet Gal

I’ll be arranging private transportation upon disembarkation next month in Barcelona.  The itinerary indicates a 7:00 AM arrival. Does anyone have an estimate of when would be the earliest and latest that I could plan to disembark?

18 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

I’ll be arranging private transportation upon disembarkation next month in Barcelona.  The itinerary indicates a 7:00 AM arrival. Does anyone have an estimate of when would be the earliest and latest that I could plan to disembark?

Not sure about the earliest but usually they want everyone off the ship around 9:30

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Be aware that local immigration and/or customs processing may delay your disembarkation depending on where you embarked and whether you are a EU citizen.  On our recent Seabourn sailing, the earliest that we were able to disembark was about 9am as Spanish immigration authorities decided the evening before disembarkation that they would require a personal appearance for all disembarking passengers. 

That process was supposed to begin in one of the lounges at 7am but the immigration officers were reportedly late and did not arrive onboard until nearly 9am.  Once they boarded, the "personal appearance" took just a few minutes...they just compared the passport photo to the passenger and then placed an entry stamp on the passport.  A ship's officer then placed a colored dot on the Seabourn guest pass and the passenger was then able to exit the ship.  Some of those who had early flights or who had made early private arrangements were getting pretty anxious during the delay.

So if you are prebooking transportation rather than relying upon local cabs or other similar arrangements you may want to book it for 9:00-9:30am to avoid any issues if you can't get off the ship before that time.  In the meantime, relax and enjoy a leisurely breakfast onboard!

Edited by alexandria
  • Like 1

Since Covid the passengers who have made their own arrangements are called at 9am. 
Some do leave earlier.

Though today Japanese Customs was closely examining some passengers cases which certainly slowed them down.

On 4/16/2024 at 7:40 PM, alexandria said:

Be aware that local immigration and/or customs processing may delay your disembarkation depending on where you embarked and whether you are a EU citizen.  On our recent Seabourn sailing, the earliest that we were able to disembark was about 9am as Spanish immigration authorities decided the evening before disembarkation that they would require a personal appearance for all disembarking passengers. 

That process was supposed to begin in one of the lounges at 7am but the immigration officers were reportedly late and did not arrive onboard until nearly 9am.  Once they boarded, the "personal appearance" took just a few minutes...they just compared the passport photo to the passenger and then placed an entry stamp on the passport.  A ship's officer then placed a colored dot on the Seabourn guest pass and the passenger was then able to exit the ship.  Some of those who had early flights or who had made early private arrangements were getting pretty anxious during the delay.

So if you are prebooking transportation rather than relying upon local cabs or other similar arrangements you may want to book it for 9:00-9:30am to avoid any issues if you can't get off the ship before that time.  In the meantime, relax and enjoy a leisurely breakfast onboard!

Hi Alexandria - just interested to know - that Seabourn cruise, was the previous call within the EU, and did the cruise start in the EU without any other non-eu calls? 

I rather thought that if you'd already visited intra-EU that the immigration officers only need to see the ship's log to confirm you've not exited the EU! Or am I overthinking it?!