Sky Sushi?

I will be on the Oct. 9 Can/NE cruise on the Sky.  This is my first time on this ship.  Recently while searching all things Sky I saw a reference to the Pinnacle Bar and Sushi.  Going to the NCL website I see it on the deck plans but there is no mention of it under specialty dining. Does anyone have a copy of a sample menu for this venue?  Not a lot of specialty dining on this ship so I was excited to see what they are offering.  Thx.  Marilyn

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, mjmagee said:

I will be on the Oct. 9 Can/NE cruise on the Sky.  This is my first time on this ship.  Recently while searching all things Sky I saw a reference to the Pinnacle Bar and Sushi.  Going to the NCL website I see it on the deck plans but there is no mention of it under specialty dining. Does anyone have a copy of a sample menu for this venue?  Not a lot of specialty dining on this ship so I was excited to see what they are offering.  Thx.  Marilyn

I found a sample menu on the Norwegian App, but I'm not tech savvy enough to be able to display it here.  They offer nine different Sushi rolls, plus six Nigiri, and three Sashimi.  These include a typical variety of tuna, salmon, eel, California rolls, etc.  Most items are priced between $10 and $20.  Each Sushi roll is cut into eight pieces.  Two or three items are plenty for two people to share for a delightfully light lunch.  If you are going for a full dinner, you may want to share four items for two guests. The Sushi bar on the Sky is the most welcoming and inviting of any ship we have sailed.  The chefs are talented and eager to please. 

When we sailed on the Sky last year, we stopped in there for lunch on each day at sea.  They also were open for lunch one day when our ship arrived in port after noon.  We asked the chef to knock himself out - to use his imagination and make us the best bite of food imaginable.  He succeeded brilliantly!  I don't know what he made for us, I didn't care.  It was fabulous.  The waiter didn't know how to ring it up, so he just picked one of the more expensive items on the menu and called it that.  I'm sure it cost NCL a lot more than we were billed, because the chef used all the best ingredients.  Let's hope you can experience the same nirvana that we did on the Sky.

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 1

Pinnacle Lounge is my favorite place on Sky. It’s usually quiet because with barely anyone there during the day time. Same sushi menu like on other NCL ships. These photos were taken from my previous cruise on Sky in March. 

No dining table. So you either sit at the sushi bar or sit in the lounge area. It’s a little uncomfortable to eat from the lounge chair. 

Sushi menu

IMG_5537.thumb.jpeg.bb27f657b4a4041bc0ddc0dbbee75a3b.jpeg

Poke bowl 

IMG_5539.thumb.jpeg.87bcb07382363b30b9b088cc530d478f.jpeg

Sashimi

IMG_6153.thumb.jpeg.5586550c8dfe648ff626a975047c7c19.jpeg

Assorted sushi rolls. Although each piece looks small in size, the rice will fill you up very quickly. 

IMG_5542.thumb.jpeg.ec8cc4ecb7fdea84220e5669a7a7460d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

Pinnacle Lounge is my favorite place on Sky. It’s usually quiet because with barely anyone there during the day time. Same sushi menu like on other NCL ships. These photos were taken from my previous cruise on Sky in March. 

No dining table. So you either sit at the sushi bar or sit in the lounge area. It’s a little uncomfortable to eat from the lounge chair. 

Sushi menu

IMG_5537.thumb.jpeg.bb27f657b4a4041bc0ddc0dbbee75a3b.jpeg

Poke bowl 

IMG_5539.thumb.jpeg.87bcb07382363b30b9b088cc530d478f.jpeg

Sashimi

IMG_6153.thumb.jpeg.5586550c8dfe648ff626a975047c7c19.jpeg

Assorted sushi rolls. Although each piece looks small in size, the rice will fill you up very quickly. 

IMG_5542.thumb.jpeg.ec8cc4ecb7fdea84220e5669a7a7460d.jpeg

Thank you for the great photos of the food.  We found it quite comfortable to sit at the bar.  You get a bird's eye view of the chef as he prepares your meal, then he simply hands it across the bar to you. Nothing could be simpler.

6 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Thank you for the great photos of the food.  We found it quite comfortable to sit at the bar.  You get a bird's eye view of the chef as he prepares your meal, then he simply hands it across the bar to you. Nothing could be simpler.

As long as the fish is defrosted properly. If not, the sushi will be ‘watery’.

Tanoshimu…enjoy…

Thank you, thank you for your replies and pix.  Had a great meal at the sushi bar on the Breakaway and this looks like the same menu.  Very excitied!

Marilyn