Princess Enchanted 14 august

Mr Moo123

After some help please.

I am looking to book the Princess enchanted carribean cruise on the 14th August from fort Lauderdale to New York. I am bit concerned regarding how many teens will be on board, I have 2 teenage boys and with it being a 14 day cruise don’t want them getting bored.

August 10th to 24th. It is difficult to determine how many youth will be on board. Arrival in NYC is right at the end of the summer school break where I live and in other parts of the country. It's also difficult to determine what the distribution of youth ages would be, how many would be teens.

I can't speak specifically to Princess, having only done one Princess sailing before, but it has been my experience generally that, even with cruise lines that cater more to teens/children, repositioning cruises and longer cruises don't have as many children on board. My suggestion would be to look for online groups for this sailing, including the roll call here on CC and ask other passengers if they are brining their teens onboard.

• Like 1

I'm assuming they'll be bored.  I was on the Enchanted a few months ago (and boarding it again tomorrow!); and there aren't any kid-focused facilities like water slides or rock-climbing walls like you'll find on other ships on other cruise lines.  Plus, 14 days is a lot of days....which will deter other families.

That said, if they can keep each other company -- and maybe find one or two other kids -- they can eat all the pizza, soft-serve, and buffet food they want; maybe shoot hoops on the athletic court; spend some money in the small arcade; and go to the 80's dance party and enjoy the people-watching, seeing the WAY WAY OLDER crowd wearing retro outfits.  Those are kind of the teen highlights from what I witnessed (and having my own teen cruise with us...but that was with NCL).

Do you mean 10th to 24th? I am booked on this cruise: 2 adults + 2 kids - not teens but ages 10 and 6. We cruised on Royal Caribbean a couple of years ago and enjoyed it, but found it quite chaotic and not particularly relaxing trying to cram in all the activities onboard in the space of a week. We've focused on the ports this time and our ten year old is excited to experience New York. I think ours will be fine with the swimming pool, pickle ball, table tennis, mini golf, kids club and sampling all the food. They'll make the most of the beaches when we're off the ship too.

Not a ton of things for teens on Princess as it's geared more for older adults. The pool and the organized activities are about it. No water slides, climbing walls, flow rider or rides but I was on  

Sky Princess in January and there were quite a few teens and they seemed to be having a good time just hanging around and playing games. 

If anything, they'll have the teen lounge and all the video game systems to themselves. I'm sure there will be other kids that age, but not a ton. Which may be pretty cool if they like each other and are ok with hanging together and utilizing the sports stuff, the lounge and games. 

We stay away from cruising during that period to avoid kids but on 

Princess it still won't be as crowded as Carnival.  I'm sure your kids will find others to make friends with.