IS THE NAVIGATOR ONE OF THE POOR RELATIONS

I would not hesitate to book a cruise on Navigator.  We have only sailed on her once, but it was one of our most enjoyable cruises.  The ship is certainly not as flashy as the newer ships, but she makes up for it in other ways.  The smaller size allows the crew to really get to know you, we were often called by name by many crew while on board.  Will it be different, yes, inferior, no.

• Like 4

I agree with most people here that Navigator will feel different if you've only experienced the Explorer-class ships.  But in many ways, different is better; in some ways not.

I tend to prefer Navigator on the more port-intensive itineraries but she has a certain 'feel' that none of the other ships have.  We were booked on Navigator this month but the cruise was cancelled.  We don't hesitate to book her, even with no Pacific Rim or Connoisseur Club the smaller ship just seems friendlier somehow. 

Not as glitzy but still a very nice place to spend a vacation. 

1 hour ago, CardowMD said:

@PhD-iva Glad everyone let me know it’s a great musical group, not a tour group😳. Hope they get onboard in Istanbul so I can enjoy and work off a few ounces!

It might change but that is the schedule as of now. Its good news as they usually only take contracts on Mariner.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 8:25 PM, Pcardad said:

...and rumor has it that K&B might be onboard Navigator in November....

Never had a duo on Navigator due to lack of a 3rd evening entertainment venue.

We were very happy with our first sailing on her this past Jan. Having been on Voyager and Splendor we were a little apprehensive, but depending on the itinerary we have loved them all.

Ray Solaire really was awesome- sort of like a favourite uncle, and the rest of the crew awesome as well. Also have to mention the entertainment team, though I suppose they move around ship to ship.

On 4/21/2024 at 7:25 PM, Pcardad said:

...and rumor has it that K&B might be onboard Navigator in November....

Maybe they are replacing the pianist for the contract that includes Christmas & New Year ?

Boogie is an excellent keyboard player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Maybe they are replacing the pianist for the contract that includes Christmas & New Year ?

Boogie is an excellent keyboard player.

Might be. Currently set to join Nov1 I think but there is a chance they may swap - I know they prefer the Mariner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Might be. Currently set to join Nov1 I think but there is a chance they may swap - I know they prefer the Mariner.

We're on Mariner in Nov, and I was looking forward to finally experiencing K&B. I hope they swap back to Mariner, even though I know it will be a disappointment for Navigator guests.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RELS said:

We're on Mariner in Nov, and I was looking forward to finally experiencing K&B. I hope they swap back to Mariner, even though I know it will be a disappointment for Navigator guests.

It is still in planning stages so Navigator guests are not aware.

• Like 1