Queen Mary

Hello.  I hope someone can help me.  I am sailing on the Carnival Panorama out of Long Beach July 20, 2024.  I want to book the Queen Mary as our pre-cruise hotel to stay Friday night.  First, the price for the QM is considerablly higher this weekend than any other weekend in July.  Also, when I try to use my AAA discount or use one of their package rates (i.e. $30 credit for breakfast, book early and save), it requires a 2 night stay.  I checked and no other Friday-Saturday stay in July has this condition.  Does anyone know of anything happening in Long Beach that weekend or any other reason for this?  I know there is a film festival, but I dont think that is a big enough event for this.  Any ideas?

19 hours ago, chvyman411 said:

Also, when I try to use my AAA discount or use one of their package rates (i.e. $30 credit for breakfast, book early and save), it requires a 2 night stay. 

I would call them and see if they will waive the 2 night minimum they have in place for that weekend. Explain your situation. It's possible they will make an exception. 

• Like 1

We have had this issue is another port were the hote had a two night minimum stay. But when we went to one of the hotel booking sites like Booking.com we were able to get a single night. On another occasion we also called the hotel directly and they booked us a single night. Enjoy your stay, we live in Long Beach and she is a fun experience.