Cabanas on the Edge in Alask

cabanagal

3 hours ago, cabanagal said:

What are thoughts about booking a cabana on an Alaska cruise in August? Too cold maybe?

My gut says not worth the $ to prebook as the weather may not cooperate.  I was contemplating dinner on the edge but for the same reason I’m not prebooking.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On Edge they face the sea, so assuming the magic carpet isn’t in the way, it could be a great place to whale watch with a dedicated area to hang out. If the crew is enforcing the extra area you technically get right up to the glass facing the ocean, it again could be excellent for whale watching.  I’d agree with the previous comment about waiting until on board to book to make sure it suits your needs.  

Edited by Tyler414
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2024 at 9:01 AM, cabanagal said:

What are thoughts about booking a cabana on an Alaska cruise in August? Too cold maybe?

We did Alaska inside passage Dawes Glacier Sept 2022 and we spent very little time on the balcony or outdoor decks.  It was too cold and wet.  There was a sea day that we went from the Oceanview Cafe to the sky observation lounge and had to drop two decks down cross to the other end and take the lifts up.  It was just too cold and wet to cross outside.

As other's pointed out, just wait and book.  I would not do the package that is everyday for the same reason and then you feel compelled to spend every waking moment there to get your money's worth.

Just off the Edge, the cabanas face the walkway they have large planters with shrubs placed at the end of them to provide privacy from those walking past.  They do provide privacy but restrict the view to the water.

Across the walkway from the cabanas is an open area with large chairs and a good view to the ocean.  Most days the cabanas were vacant but the large chairs were in use, seems they are available to anyone and further block the view.  After seeing the cabanas again with the planters and chairs, I would say the cabanas are not a good option to view Alaska.