Embarkation and Princess Grill

Minnie29

My last experience of boarding at Southampton was in January on QV - they opened the doors to the terminal at 11.30am and let anyone with priority boarding (QG/PQ/Diamond/Platinum/BC) check in.  Everyone else had to wait outside the terminal.  

Once through check in we were organised into zones based on  cabin grade / status.  At 12.20 they called QG  and we were through security and onboard by 12.30.  Some friends I was travelling with were in Britannia - they were let into the terminal about 12.45, and were called forward for boarding at 1.15, onboard by 1.30.

• Like 2

Yes I think that's right, on the Christmas  QM2 Transatlantic and Caribbean we were more or less straight in through the doors at 11.30 and were given seats inside and Mulled wine and Mince pies were served. A band struck up around 12 pm and we were on board 12.30. A great way to start our Princess grills holiday. Britannia guests were let in by 12pm I would estimate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Se1lad said:

My last experience of boarding at Southampton was in January on QV - they opened the doors to the terminal at 11.30am and let anyone with priority boarding (QG/PQ/Diamond/Platinum/BC) check in.  Everyone else had to wait outside the terminal.  

Once through check in we were organised into zones based on  cabin grade / status.  At 12.20 they called QG  and we were through security and onboard by 12.30.  Some friends I was travelling with were in Britannia - they were let into the terminal about 12.45, and were called forward for boarding at 1.15, onboard by 1.30.

I searched the forum for another instance of "BC" and couldn't find one, other than category BC. I'm sure that's not what was meant here.

2 minutes ago, 57eric said:

I searched the forum for another instance of "BC" and couldn't find one, other than category BC. I'm sure that's not what was meant here.

BC = Britannia Club

2 minutes ago, 57eric said:

It's Britannia Club