Cruise Driven or Cruzin Transportation Transfer

Posted (edited)

Has anyone used or heard about using Cruise Driven or Cruzin Transportation for a transfer from IAH to the port and back? 
Or is there a company you’d recommend? Private transfer for 2 adults and 2 kids (need car seats).

thanks! 

Edited by WeBeCruisinMon

• WeBeCruisinMon changed the title to Cruise Driven or Cruzin Transportation Transfer
20 minutes ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

Has anyone used or heard about using Cruise Driven or Cruzin Transportation for a transfer from IAH to the port and back? 
Or is there a company you’d recommend? Private transfer for 2 adults and 2 kids (need car seats).

thanks! 

Recommended shuttles are discussed regularly on this forum, both private and shared shuttles. Or the cruise line shuttle.

I don’t recall those two but there are several FB only companies which seem to have appeared recently. Their limited method of contact and lack of transparency regarding liability insurance and business licenses concerns me. Car seats that are age appropriate for your children are something best discussed directly with the company concerned.  If your children are old enough you can use travel seats. 

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Recommended shuttles are discussed regularly on this forum, both private and shared shuttles. Or the cruise line shuttle.

I don’t recall those two but there are several FB only companies which seem to have appeared recently. Their limited method of contact and lack of transparency regarding liability insurance and business licenses concerns me. Car seats that are age appropriate for your children are something best discussed directly with the company concerned.  If your children are old enough you can use travel seats. 

How a business chooses to market themselves is their decision.  The ones you speak of have excellent reputations and are booked well in advance.  All TNC's (transportation network companies) must provide proof of commercial insurance in order to receive a permit to enter the Port of Galveston.

Hi - we used Cruise Driven this past Sunday.  We self disembarked and were picked up at 8:15am and our driver got us to IAH by 9:30am.  $150+tip to transport our family of 3, but we got there quickly and easily made our 12:15pm flight.  It only took us 1/2 hour total to check-in and get through security - we were at the gate by 10am.  In retrospect, I think we could have just called for an uber and saved a few bucks, but I didn't want to take the risk of missing our flight if we had challenges with getting a driver.

6 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

The important take away from your post was that it took you 75 minutes to get from the port to IAH early SUNDAY morning. Everyone considering flight times from IAH on week days, don't book a too early flight.

We were flying international to Canada so if not for the 12:15pm flight, which got us home by 7:30pm that night, we would have been getting home after 11pm with a child who had to go to school the next day.  So I was happy to pay the premium to make sure we didn't miss our flight, but booked the class of airline ticket to make sure we could change our flights if we did end up arriving late.  So actually the important take away is to have a good backup plan available just in case you can't get to the airport on time.