Canceling a cruise when using CruiseNext as deposit

I used two CruiseNext certificates ($500.00 total) for a deposit on a cruise for March 2025.  If i cancel the cruise ( before final payment obviously), how is the deposit refund handled?  Is it refunded back to CN certificates?  If refunded as CN's, does the expiration date then go beyond the original date of expiration?  

just asking now, because it looks like I will be cancelling the cruise, but I want to wait until the last minute, just incase things change by March 2025

Concerning CruiseNext, we had to cancel two cruises (one because of COVID, one because of family changing their mind). Both times, CruiseNext were refunded and put back on our account

14 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I assume the same goes for CruiseFirst?

Yes - will reappear in your account for future use! 

45 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

If you don’t officially cancel, but don’t make another payment on final payment date, will they cancel the reservation and re-deposit the credits automatically?

I have no idea, but if you got anything back it sure would be very generous of NCL. Not making payment surley must be considered a cancellation? And after final pay you'd lose your deposition. But who knows? 

27 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I have no idea, but if you got anything back it sure would be very generous of NCL. Not making payment surley must be considered a cancellation? And after final pay you'd lose your deposition. But who knows? 

Thanks.  I tend to agree.  I have friends that booked a cabin on a trip we’re going on in October, using two CNs as a deposit.  They’re still not sure if they can go.  Just have to keep reminding them to make a decision by June.  😂

48 minutes ago, Asawi said:

In the dark days of no cruises, I had a cruise with a cruise next deposit paid on that I didn’t bother to cancel and just didnot  make final payment. The certificate was expiring soon, I had so many credits on my account and I just was so over having to call and cancel cruises. It did end up eventually showing up in my account as a partial credit. 

3 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

If you don’t officially cancel, but don’t make another payment on final payment date, will they cancel the reservation and re-deposit the credits automatically?

No....If you simply walk away and never contact them to cancel or make final payment, you will lose your CN certificates.  It works identically to if you had simply paid cash as the deposit and failed to cancel or make final payment.