Positive EZ Air experience

cr8tiv1

I just got off the phone with EZ Air.  Spent an hour with agent DJ from Pensacola, FL.  Initially called to ask about ticketing my flight between 90 days and 45 days.  

IF you choose to have your reservation ticketed, you run the risk of being charged by the airlines for any changes YOU make.  It's called a "voluntary change".

My booking(reservation) was ticketed shortly after final payment was made.

Now comes the good part.

I explained to DJ that Delta had cancelled my international flight and rebooked me on a later flight.  She checked my history to confirm that a change was made in March.  I told her I called EZ Air and Delta.  Both said that they could change me to a later flight but it would cost me more to transfer to a cheaper morning flight on my return.  

Are you ready ???????

She asked me if I was willing to be put on hold as she looked into transferring my booking to an earlier flight.  I boldly stated that I would love the change as long as it would not cost me more.  Her reply was that as long as I stay with the same carrier (Delta), it didn't matter if it was a code share.  Since it was a change made by Delta (involuntary) she could put me on an earlier flight.  I don't know how many times I asked that this could be done without any additional charges to me.

After many holds, she declared the change a success.  She returned often to make sure I was still on the line.  She made sure to get my phone number in case we were disconnected.  Me, being the doubting Debbie, wouldn't let her off the phone until I had an email with the changes.  Funny that my TA sent me the change before I received the one from DJ.

I will be composing an email to DJ's supervisor Janice.  

The few times I have used EZ Air, I have been fortunate to have good experiences.  Only once was I exasperated. but they did come through for me by the end.  My advice.  Have your questions written down ahead of the call.  Be a broken record and confirm, confirm, confirm what you are trying to resolve.  WRITE EVERYTHING down:  names, changes, time, dates, etc.  Ask for written confirmation on change to be sent to you.  

Then I went into Delta...found my new flight.  Next went to Princess Personalizer and printed out my "new" flight information.  I am satisfied that I have enough documentation to get me on the correct changed flight.  

• Like 12

@cr8tiv1 I am glad for your positive experience. It can be stressful dealing with flights. We have found that British Airways can be a real pain to deal with and also demonstrates the positive points of making full payment more than 45 days ahead.

Recently, we waited and wondered why we could not select our seats, because we had no problem doing that with British Airways in the past. They have become quite difficult to deal with and by the time our final payment was made, there were just a few seats open in Premium Economy and they were not next to each other.

Long story.......... our TA was able to talk with BA and they did a bit of juggling; now we are across the aisle from each other.

• Like 1

I wrote a nice email to DJ's supervisor.  I received a reply back from her thanking me for taking the time to compliment an agent.  

There are "real" people in corporate.  

• Like 3