10am too early for return flight? Need your opinions :)

53 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I am cruising with friends on Saturday.  We're flying to MIA. They are coming from CT and I am flying from CLT.  On the way home since they didn't have a direct flight, they choose one with a layover in Charlotte so we could all fly home together.  American Airlines has changed their flight 3x since we booked in Oct - original flight home was at 1:40....and now is at 10:03.  Since my friends booked a "basic fare" when they called they said they were not allowed to change their flights even though American Airlines is the one who has now changed the flight times 3x!  So, we're stuck with 10:03 not only because they have a Basic Fare, but bc the next flight to CLT isn't until 1-something and they would miss their connection home which is at 2:49. I could switch since I am in main cabin but we'll just stay together. 🤗

The good news is that someone posted on another site that they were off Icon at 6:05am and at their gate by 7:15 for their 11-something flight with no issues.  So hopefully when we self-disembark, we'll be fine too!

That said, if you CAN take a later flight, I would.  Like others have said, not worth the stress of rushing to the airport. 

The OP was talking about Port Canaveral/Orlando.   Quite a bit further away versus cruise port to airport at Miami.  Of course Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) and Tampa are even closer to the airports.  

Orlando airport is 45 minutes from Port Canaveral on a good traffic day.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MCO in December?  You didn't say when.

I'm on Camp no problem normally as when my vacation is done, I just want to get home as quickly as possible.  It always has worked for us.

However, if you are in a suite, or have TSA pre check, are very mobile, can skip breakfast, have no issue possibly dragging suitcases down flights of steps, know that you may be required to take elevator at Port Canaveral port with large suitcase (always happens with us), have a car waiting at the port, yes, it can be done.  But in December if during holidays...  I don't know.  I know my husband would book it and he has (Miami dock, FLL for a 945am flight).  But we were in MSC YC and were literally the 1st people off the ship.

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 8:43 PM, MaxandEmme said:

Hello! We booked our Wonder of the Seas cruise Dec 2024, do you think a 10am return flight would be too early? Please note that we plan on keeping our suitcases with us to disembark early and will be hiring a private car to pick us up for transport to MCO. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! 

A few more critical details would certainly improve the ability of people to respond.  Date of return; need to check luggage; TSA status?   All would be critical but overall the answer to your question that is most accurate is: Don't Do It.  

Your final decision is likely the best idea when you consider all the potential points of delays.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers
Add

3 hours ago, MaxandEmme said:

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! We will definitely be looking for a later flight! 

Was it the Jim Carey clip that ultimately changed your mind?

• Haha 1