Final payment problem

ernnnn

Yesterday, I tried making my final payment for my upcoming cruise. I filled all the neccessary information, and I was charged just 1,50$ instead of the full amount. Obviously, it still says I have to pay for full before May 12th. Is that a normal procedure? Will I be charged after a few days? I'm afraid of doing it again and be charged double! Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, ernnnn said:

was charged just 1,50$

$1.50 or $1,500?

It should now be $×(the original amount) less the $1.50 (or $1,500) just paid. I have never been able to overpay. If I later change something (like lowering airfare) and have a credit then I am refunded that in a few days, but might have to contact my CVP to trigger it

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

$1.50 or $1,500?

It should now be $×(the original amount) less the $1.50 (or $1,500) just paid. I have never been able to overpay. If I later change something (like lowering airfare) and have a credit then I am refunded that in a few days, but might have to contact my CVP to trigger it

It was $1.50, I have just double checked it again. It was like checking the card to know if it was correct or not, but they haven't charged me the full amount since then.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Huh. Odd amount to do a card # check. Isn't that usually just $1?

It's an odd procedure to charge the final payment, IMO.

• Like 1

Did you make the payment directly with Princess?  

I know that I have had trouble making payments through my travel agent.  I wanted to split the final payment into 2 payments (across 2 credit card closing dates).  Both times, it showed "pending" for 4 business days.  

When I called the credit card, they said that the funds were issued to Princess (as in my credit limit had been docked), but Princess had to do something (I forgot).  Princess showed payments (finally in full).  So I don't know what the hang up was.

$1.50 seems like a really strange amount.