Rope course

We are sailing on the Magic with a special needs teen who doesn't like crowds, I was wondering what time/ days that the rope course will be the least crowded

1 minute ago, Greg901 said:

We are sailing on the Magic with a special needs teen who doesn't like crowds, I was wondering what time/ days that the rope course will be the least crowded

Port days.  Or early morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Port days.  Or early morning.

Probably a good bet, but even if it is slow at one moment it could be very busy the next, while the teen is actually on the course. I'm not sure what "crowds" means to him but I never saw it too busy (but then there may have been people at the starting line that I couldn't see from down below waiting their turn).

• Like 1

We also have a special needs child (well - she's 35 but lives/travels with us).  We usually do the ropes course first thing when we board as it is pretty much empty, and then on port days as soon as it opens.   As staceyglow and sparks1093 said - it is hit or miss when there gets to be a line.  Sea days can get crowded.

I have never seen the ropes course busy.  Just watch for kids looping it.  More than once, I have have a fearless kid look at me with worried eyes, asking "are you ok" and they fly by.  

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Probably a good bet, but even if it is slow at one moment it could be very busy the next, while the teen is actually on the course. I'm not sure what "crowds" means to him but I never saw it too busy (but then there may have been people at the starting line that I couldn't see from down below waiting their turn).

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

He doesn't like waiting in long line, and would great very upset if he was going to slow and people would be coming up on him that are faster

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Greg901 said:

He doesn't like waiting in long line, and would great very upset if he was going to slow and people would be coming up on him that are faster

I'm not sure one can tell from down on deck how long the line is (I couldn't, anyway), but certainly you can easily tell how many are on the course itself.