Changing Status' mid cruise

10 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

There’s been talk of celebrity and royal merging some of the loyalty benefits. I’m hoping for the 5 drinks 

Eeeek!  Watch Celebrity's cost go up...with all of us adult beverage lovers wandering over from Royal.  😄  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

The number of pins on board varies.  There are only 30 Pinnacles on Wonder this week.

IMG_0490.jpeg

Wow...that's low!  Will be curious to see how many on Allure on Monday.   We don't usually do the short cruises, but have never been on Allure.  Since she is still in PC, very convenient for us to finally meet her, and I really want to see Mamma Mia.  🙂 

19 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

We just reached Pinnacle on our current sailing (day 2 of 12) but we are not recognized as Pinnacle until our next sailing. We have not been included in any Pinnacle activities. 

Didn't they do an award ceremony for you at the Upper Tier event?  

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahhh..congrats and welcome to the club soon!  🤗  My favorite being the unlimited free internet, and add in the 7 drinks per person a day....ahhh...nice!  Oh...having breakfast in Chops is right up there too!!  

Agree...the Diamond events were sooo fun!  On the little Radiance ladies the cigar bar on the VCL deck was the Diamond event (but still smelled of cigars 🤢).  That is of course now strictly the concierge lounge.

But our favorite was definitely the Freedom forward lounge.  OMG...we met so many cool people and had so much fun!  Beer, wine, jar of bar snacks...totally enjoyed and was all we needed.  

We're definitely happy about the free internet as we currently share our free 48 hours each.  It'll be nice to have Chops for breakfast.  We used to enjoy the D breakfast on Grandeur in the MDR, but that's no more.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I thought new Pinns were recognized on the cruise they go over.  I know they don't get the benefits til the next cruise.  We're with friends (who are already Pinn) on our Nov Wonder cruise when we go over and were hoping they'd be there for the recognition.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, but we don’t actually have Pinnacle status til our next sailing. Someone had mentioned it was different for Pinnacles, but it’s the same. You don’t actually have that status til your next cruise. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

We're definitely happy about the free internet as we currently share our free 48 hours each.  It'll be nice to have Chops for breakfast.  We used to enjoy the D breakfast on Grandeur in the MDR, but that's no more.  

Agree...it's so much more relaxing to have that nice sit down breakfast in Chops.  We have always received very good service.  Though the menu is more limited than the MDR...it's just so much quieter!  🤗

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wow...that's low!  Will be curious to see how many on Allure on Monday.   We don't usually do the short cruises, but have never been on Allure.  Since she is still in PC, very convenient for us to finally meet her, and I really want to see Mamma Mia.  🙂 

We were on EN to Bermuda a couple of years ago and at about 440 points we were #3 onboard.  There were only two Pinnacles on that sailing so we got recognized as D+ and being #3 point wise.   We're on Vision to Bermuda in Aug and who knows lol.

1 minute ago, BND said:

I thought new Pinns were recognized on the cruise they go over.  I know they don't get the benefits til the next cruise.  We're with friends (who are already Pinn) on our Nov Wonder cruise when we go over and were hoping they'd be there for the recognition.  

We were recognized at the Upper Tier on Harmony.  Got the picture with Captain and LA, holding the "stratum to be" example, and the cheap bottle of bubbly! 

Was at the Aqua Theater on that ship.  I think most of the Oasis class ships hold it there..if not all.  The LA contacted us ahead of time to be sure we were going to be at the event 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Yes, but we don’t actually have Pinnacle status til our next sailing. Someone had mentioned it was different for Pinnacles, but it’s the same. You don’t actually have that status til your next cruise. 

The same with us...but you were recognized then...like we were.  Still have the photo from the Ceremony on my "cruise corner" cabinet along with the engraved stratum (now 2 and about to be 3).  😉 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

The same with us...but you were recognized then...like we were.  Still have the photo from the Ceremony on my "cruise corner" cabinet along with the engraved stratum (now 2 and about to be 3).  😉 

I thought it was funny. We got to hold the stratum and the champagne for the photo and then they took them both back 😂

6 minutes ago, BND said:

We were on EN to Bermuda a couple of years ago and at about 440 points we were #3 onboard.  There were only two Pinnacles on that sailing so we got recognized as D+ and being #3 point wise.   We're on Vision to Bermuda in Aug and who knows lol.

We were shocked as well on the Radiance Alaska B2B some years ago.  We had just over 350 points and were #2 cruisers!  😮   Really nice dinner in Chops with the solo Pinnacle (#1) and the couple with just under 350 points (#3) with the LA, the F&B, and the HD.  Great time...sigh...though obviously ...sadly....that dinner set up is also a thing of the past.  😞 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I thought it was funny. We got to hold the stratum and the champagne for the photo and then they took them both back 😂

What?  They didn't give you the bubbly???  Shame on them.  We gave ours to our waiter.  😄 

The stratum (once engraved), pins, tags, etc. kit will arrive much later.  Took 6 months to get ours!   Then the pins were wrong.  😏  Plus pretty banged up since they had been bouncing around in the box not being secured.  LA on EX insisted she have them replaced, which they were quite quickly.  

Enjoy your new status and welcome to the club!!  🤗

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

We were shocked as well on the Radiance Alaska B2B some years ago.  We had just over 350 points and were #2 cruisers!  😮   Really nice dinner in Chops with the solo Pinnacle (#1) and the couple with just under 350 points (#3) with the LA, the F&B, and the HD.  Great time...sigh...though obviously ...sadly....that dinner set up is also a thing of the past.  😞 

I was on Quantum at the end of June last year.  Here were the numbers for that sailing.

Diamond:  200

Diamond Plus:  44

Pinnacle:  8

The numbers were so low that we were invited to the "Meet the Cast" event which is usually only D+.  The total attendance for that event was around 10 people.  So low they even gave us a back stage tour after.  Was probably the first cruise where I felt special with my low D status.  🙂  

D+ targeted for end of Feb 2025!

• Like 1

Hi, 

I am currently D+ and have been for some time and will be for even longer.

Don't really want to use the internet that much as when I am away on holiday, that is what I am - away! Nice to check in every now and then.

More important is the 5 free drinks as this saves on buying a package or paying high prices.

The free bottle of wine on day 1 is nice too and so is the free photo and the bag of washing.

Unless RCI does away with all the above, I see no reason to switch to another cruise line.

Just had 15 days on the Jewel's TA and had some really nice drinks and had the bar tenders find me some nice new drinks too. Cannot fault the loyalty program.

A few more cruises and I will be over the 340 points and will get a few more bits and bobs, but I am in no rush to get to P.

I just book the cruises on the ships I want to be on going to the places I want to go. Anything and everything RCI gives me whilst on board is muchly welcomed!

Mick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes, we thought 30 Pins on a 7 day Oasis class sailing was quite low.  When we saw how few people were in the Suite/Pin waiting area in the terminal we suspected a low Pin count.  Still, I was surprised by the number 30 at top tier event.  

Posting that graphic might give heart to newer Pins that that they may sometimes make the 30 Pin cut-off for CK access, even on big ships.  You never know…

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Posting that graphic might give heart to newer Pins that that they may sometimes make the 30 Pin cut-off for CK access, even on big ships.  You never know…

^^This, exactly^^. We are on Wonder in 2 days and I was very surprised (and happy) to see that low number.  Who knows what it will be on our cruise, but I now have hope.

Actually, it has been my recent experience that they are not banning Pinns from the SL/CK on the O class ships unless the number are VERY high.  So far, the only ship I have sailed on where the baby Pinns were excluded was on Explorer but that’s very understandable since EX has that crappy dungeon Concierge Lounge that is tiny.  Even when I WAS allowed in there I went up to the Crown Lounge instead ! 😂😇

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

^^This, exactly^^. We are on Wonder in 2 days and I was very surprised (and happy) to see that low number.  Who knows what it will be on our cruise, but I now have hope.

Actually, it has been my recent experience that they are not banning Pinns from the SL/CK on the O class ships unless the number are VERY high.  So far, the only ship I have sailed on where the baby Pinns were excluded was on Explorer but that’s very understandable since EX has that crappy dungeon Concierge Lounge that is tiny.  Even when I WAS allowed in there I went up to the Crown Lounge instead ! 😂😇

Indeed.  The Viking Crown Lounge itself is our "go to" lounge for happy hour.  Even though we had access to the separate Concierge Lounge on EX...we preferred to sit at the VCL bar.  😉 

• Like 1