Bid upgrade accepted, sailing as a Mega Rock Star next week.

We're hopping on the Valiant for a short 5 day sailing next week to hold us over until our 12 day September sailing on the Resilient, and we placed a few bids so we could experience Bimini as a Rock Star. I started to see what few RS suites were left disappear, so I put in a last minute bid on a Gorgeous Suite and was informed yesterday that our bid was accepted. The first sign that it was accepted was a notification that my credit card had been charged, then an hour or so later a flurry of rejection emails came in for each bid I placed on other suite categories, and finally one acceptance email noting our new cabin #. Today I called Red Glove Services to arrange our transportation to and from the port, and the rep, Jennily was great to deal with.

This will be our first sailing as any sort of Rock Star which will be fun since I worked so many years as backstage security at several of our local concert venues. From Pitbull to Bono, Dolly to Cher, and even Cheech & Chong, I've seen, heard, and smelled all sorts of things backstage. 🥸

Believe it or not, the only time I had to call the police was during an Indian concert. The "Elvis of Mumbai" fan's got way out of hand. 🤣

• Like 6

Enjoy every moment as a MRS! We are sailing in a gorgeous suite on Sunday from Barcelona. Once you go RS its VERY difficult to go back! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Janthere said:

Once you go RS its VERY difficult to go back! 

We're going to be regular Rock Stars in September, I hope it's not a huge disappointment. lol

2 hours ago, Janthere said:

We are sailing in a gorgeous suite on Sunday from Barcelona.

I was just on the Scarlet for the sailing before the crossing.

The current cast & crew are fantastic! Enjoy your cruise!

16 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We're going to be regular Rock Stars in September, I hope it's not a huge disappointment. lol

I'll be curious how the experience compares for you.  We'll be "regular" Rockstars on the same September cruise.  After being in an aft suite on our first cruise I was figuring we might not be able to do it again given prices going up, but I ran across a couple of decent deals so we're sticking with it.  We really did enjoy the experience.  Our agent was fantastic.  We requested him again for the September cruise if he's available, but he was saying he was in line for promotion to a mega agent so that will probably not work out.

I hope you have a great time as a mega Rockstar!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rebeccac said:

IMHO, the best part about any of the Rockstar/MegaRockstar rooms is that the beds are actually comfortable.  

It will be nice to be in a real king sized bed instead of two twins pushed together.

I've also been told that things like the pillows are upgraded as well.

• Like 1

Congratulations!!! If there were options for an extra bed in the suites I would bid on one. I'm good friends with the folks that I travel with, but sharing a bed is definitely not an option.

On 5/2/2024 at 6:44 PM, CineGraphic said:

We're hopping on the Valiant for a short 5 day sailing next week to hold us over until our 12 day September sailing on the Resilient, and we placed a few bids so we could experience Bimini as a Rock Star. I started to see what few RS suites were left disappear, so I put in a last minute bid on a Gorgeous Suite and was informed yesterday that our bid was accepted. The first sign that it was accepted was a notification that my credit card had been charged, then an hour or so later a flurry of rejection emails came in for each bid I placed on other suite categories, and finally one acceptance email noting our new cabin #. Today I called Red Glove Services to arrange our transportation to and from the port, and the rep, Jennily was great to deal with.

This will be our first sailing as any sort of Rock Star which will be fun since I worked so many years as backstage security at several of our local concert venues. From Pitbull to Bono, Dolly to Cher, and even Cheech & Chong, I've seen, heard, and smelled all sorts of things backstage. 🥸

Believe it or not, the only time I had to call the police was during an Indian concert. The "Elvis of Mumbai" fan's got way out of hand. 🤣

Congrats!  I am definitely interested in both the bid amount and where it was on the scale of bids for the MRS, if you are willing to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aviators99 said:

Congrats!  I am definitely interested in both the bid amount and where it was on the scale of bids for the MRS, if you are willing to say.

I don't remember if the bidding page stated that my bid was "Poor" or just "OK", but there were quite a few Gorgeous Suites available, more than the other suite categories, so I didn't go nuts.

To be honest, we've always preferred the aft, and were hoping to win a Cheeky Corner suite, but there was only 1 available.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 1:55 PM, CineGraphic said:

I don't remember if the bidding page stated that my bid was "Poor" or just "OK", but there were quite a few Gorgeous Suites available, more than the other suite categories, so I didn't go nuts.

How much extra did you bid? Do you know if was cheaper than if you had purchase that same cruise from the start and by how much? I am looking forward to be able to upbid on my future cruises to a suite level.

3 minutes ago, babalooo said:

Do you know if was cheaper than if you had purchase that same cruise from the start and by how much?

I saved over 50%

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 3:36 PM, CineGraphic said:

I saved over 50%

What numbers did you press when you entered your bid? $1000? $1500? I’m not trusting the website to tell me my bid is “low” 

You don’t press numbers.  You slide the ball along the bar.  You need to know what the current price is to book that cabin type to know if it is a bargain for you.  Or what it would have cost if you have booked it originally.  I put in a minimal bid for the next category up for my July 14 sailing.  But I could t price check because the category was showing sold out.  EM