The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 5th, 2024

Good afternoon, another busy day here.  It's sunny and in the low 60's!  Thanks to @dfish, we're having the first fajita recipe for supper tonite!  And a Margarita!  

@StLouisCruisersCongrats to your DGD!  Sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend! 

Happy sailing to those leaving on cruises and sad days for those finishing their cruises, hard to make the coffee again! 😉

Have a good rest of your day, K

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2017 Crystal Symphony cruise San Diego to New York.  On May 5 we visited Huatulco:

dawn0505.jpg

Roy:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

Thanks everyone for your kind comments about Morgan and her special day.  We had an excellent time watching her walk across that stage.  Now time to prepare for our drive home tomorrow.  Just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your support!

• Like 16

Rainy and foggy here. It’s been a good day to just keep up with the almost-hourly eye regime, and get a few little things done. So far so good, the eye pressure does drop with the “massages” but it goes back up 🤷🏼‍♀️. Tomorrow afternoon we go to eye doctor to get it checked. Hoping he can see some improvement- I guess that would be less inflammation and some flow through the new flap, that it’s not sealed again. 🤞

I’m adjusting my meals to conform with restrictions for colonoscopy Wednesday. I really enjoyed the Cinco de Mayo specials in the dining room tonight (some I brought home to enjoy after the procedure). I miss the New Mexican cuisine being readily available even though we seldom ate out. Our dining room chefs here do a nice job changing things up and having special menus for celebration days. Plus special occasion drinks!  I had a Pina Colada, DH a strawberry margarita!  A bit of fun!  

Welcome home Jacqui. I hope tomorrow you’ll feel better in many ways! 

Congrats to Morgan and family! Very happy that Sandi and family could make the trip to honor the events. 👩‍🎓

Terry, good you have help, I hope it continues, I’m sure you do too!  

Annie, hoping for a breakthrough!  More than one. 

Vanessa, any location that’s pain-free has got to feel heavenly!  

Terri, I hope the support group offers you some practical ideas that will bring your stress level down. 

Bruce, I’m looking forward to the safari 🦓🦁🐆

I love hearing about all the happenings, the reactions to the sports events (we have hockey on now, Elizabeth’s Stars are ahead!) The port links and cruise pix are beautiful, the recipes mouth-watering and the quote confusing… or maybe it’s just me, I’m not at my best. 

Blessings to all sharing the journey. Thanks for being here!  

Maureen. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 7:22 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Can anyone tell me what this says? This is the top of the box that holds DMIL pearls.

TIA🤔

20240502_204839.thumb.jpg.7128f59b45decd04c9fe70c073bb19e8.jpg 

Elizabeth, my sis asked a Chinese friend to translate:

The top line = the beautiful pearl and crystal is dazzling and radiant. 

The bottom line = it’s loved by people all over the world. 

Middle two words = special gift 

ETA: My other sis’ MiL says: Just advertised that the pearls, crystals, shinning, being loved by most people. 

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 5