Anyone done Presidents Cruise?

I booked a last minuteish cruise and just realized it is Presidents Cruise.  Does this have any advantages / disadvantages?

1 hour ago, pmcue said:

I booked a last minuteish cruise and just realized it is Presidents Cruise.  Does this have any advantages / disadvantages?

I been on several. A disadvantage is the price of the cruise. The advantages are that there are special events that might make your cruise special. 

• Like 1

We love them! We've been on two. The first one they took over an entire village outside of Florence. They bussed us over, and split the captains club members up by their status. That assigned you  to a restaurant in town for dinner. They had wine tastings set up all through the village before dinner. When we got back onboard, they had a fireworks show over the ship on our departure a midnight. It was a fantastic evening!

I've been on a couple.  The advantages are usually some extra events.  Also, you will likely find the best live entertainment on these cruises as they want to impress the higher ups.  Service will also likely be spectacular - a step up from what is already excellence.  We also got a nicer tote bag noting the occasion.  Years ago (not happening anymore) we got a little gift of some sort in our cabin every single night.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Years ago (not happening anymore) we got a little gift of some sort in our cabin every single night.  

That would be nice. We used to get something like that at one of the all inclusive's we went to.

• Like 1

We were on the Beyond in 2022 for the President's Cruise. We booked the cruise when it first became available,  later it was made into the PC. The price escalated rapidly after the announcement. 

There were a lot of advantages. We had free gifts on our bed for five of the nights, special live entertainment was brought on board, and met both Captain Kate and Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, plus Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis was present. It was a dream cruise and well worth doing. 

• Like 1