Celebrity Ascent wine packages

Hi,

I tried to search this but could not find anything solid so apologies for another beverage question.

We are weighing up getting the premium beverage package - we like the freedom of a package but our plan is to to max out time on shore and do nice lunches out so a beverage package at 224 euro per day is quite a lot.

We do like wine with dinner and are wondering if Celebrity have wine packages on board and any idea of the cost? If not what is the price of bottles of wine on board? 

We also know we can bring a few bottles of wine on board and can pay corkage. 

Many thanks.

Posted (edited)

I am not familiar with any specific wine only packages.  Both the classic and premium packages offer unlimited wine with the premium offering the "better" brands.  Bottles of wine for purchase vary in price but are not inexpensive, although Captain's Club members are offered discounts on wine bottle purchases based on tier level.  The corkage fee - if charged - would apply to bottles of wine brought to dining venues to be opened there.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

I have never seen wine packages offered pre cruise. In the big wine list in the MDR they offer a few packages where you get a discount if you buy a few bottles at once. If you don’t have a drink package, then bottles are the way to go. Unfinished bottles are stored and brought to your next meal. Prices are similar to land based restaurants. About 2 to 3 times retail price. (Based on Florida departures and Florida stores). Sommeliers are hit and miss so if you find a good one early in the cruise take down there name and go back to them. 

12 minutes ago, Happydays2024 said:

Thanks for the comments. 

The app shows the wine lists for the various restaurants. The wines are reasonably priced compared to restaurant prices. 

There has been lots of posts on wines on list not available on the ship. If you have a drink package they don’t charge you for corkage, if not I believe it’s 25 a bottle. Limit currently for bringing on wine is 2 bottles, last year it was 4.

The corkage fee only applies to bottles brought on board if you do not have the Classic or Premium beverage package.  Any bottles you buy from the ship do not have a corkage fee.